PDA

View Full Version : First time out

zegm
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Finally got all the wax on the hull, the new oil in the motor and an inspection of the impeller completed (left it in as I am not in the business of making someone else rich). We had 8 people in the boat and we surfed first, kneeboarded second, wakeboarded third then drained the tanks and went down the slalom course!
We love our stock Mobius LS!!!

PS NO AND NO I didn't get in the water today, it is not June yet! :rolleyes:

csmsk
04-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Did you say "kneeboard"?!?!

zegm
04-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah the only thing that is NOT allowed on our boat is a TUBE!!!!
Nope no tubes allowed! But all three types of boards are there in force!

viking
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Why no Tube? Gotta be a good reason :)

zegm
04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Well mostly because they take up too much room. And I guess as some people on these boards know I can have an attitude. So I use this attitude with people who run down and all around the slalom course with their tubes while we are trying to ski down it. And I wonder if this means that if you have a tube does this mean your intelligence level is pretty low??? I mean why would these people do that? Don't they see what we are trying to do? Don't they see what they are doing to our efferts. I guess you know that answers- yes, stupid, no, don't care. So now if I get a tube for the kids does this mean I think my own intelligence level is also pretty low! See I mean there is NO way I could have a tube!

PS When we go to GA and use the grandparents house there are sometimes tubes lying around and since I am 300 miles from my lake I will take the kids tubing. Sometimes!!! Just don't tell anyone!

moombadaze
04-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Glad you got out and had a good time Z.

csmsk
04-18-2010, 11:24 AM
My first "wakeboarding" experience was on a kneeboard. We got bored with the spins and rolls and riding on our knees (or even indian style) so we started standing on the thing. Not much carving control, but still a good little challenge, especially starting from the kneeling position then standing up.

Anyhow, props to you for getting out there on the water!

zegm
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks Guys!
Th LS is sitting in the lift right now and we just might go out again later today. You know after I get all the grass cut. :D

BensonWdby
04-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Seriously - June - in Fla? Our ice went out 2.5 weeks ago and I am getting the boat ready to go in the water right now. If all goes well it will be on the lift today. Possibly get a run in - but more likely next weekend. - Really -- June in Fla... At leas you have good rules regarding tubes ....

zegm
04-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah I have a pretty hard fast rule about being in bath water before I ski. Yesterday there were 3 adults and 7 kids on board. We took a family with us for the first time and at least I found out that the other mother had my exact rule so I don't feel so alone.

wolfeman131
04-19-2010, 10:11 AM
hmmm . . . .

a bit selective memory perhaps? sure looks like a brittany blue LS w/ a teak platform that has a rope attached to it & a tube. and it's color coordinated to the boat, so I'm not buying that it was one you "just found lying around."

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jamboree/IMG_2835.jpg

moombadaze
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
BUSTED....LOL.

Z must not have seen where Sled and myself desgnated the LS to tube duties

kaneboats
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Need to order a Seadek pad to cover that old wooden platform so your tubers don't get splinters in their knees climbing back in the boat. :D

viking
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Ha - Now that's funny guys :)

zegm
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
BUSTED....LOL.

Z must not have seen where Sled and myself desgnated the LS to tube duties

Hey I did mention that ONE time in Georgia I did pull a tube. Ok so you guys are saying that only the fastest boats can pull tubes?

zegm
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Need to order a Seadek pad to cover that old wooden platform so your tubers don't get splinters in their knees climbing back in the boat. :D

Ok you need to be honest here, what you are really saying is that if we have to use your expensive tubes you don't want the splinters popping them. Don't they come with repair kits? :)

zegm
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
hmmm . . . .

a bit selective memory perhaps? sure looks like a brittany blue LS w/ a teak platform that has a rope attached to it & a tube. and it's color coordinated to the boat, so I'm not buying that it was one you "just found lying around."

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jamboree/IMG_2835.jpg

And I thought I had a friend that could keep a secret! :mrgreen:

Wow look at that gorgeous thing!!! The boat, no the woman, no I mean both of them!

MrsZ
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Wolfeman, Is that your tube? It DOES look good with our boat :)

MrsZ
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Seriously - June - in Fla? .... - Really -- June in Fla...

You tell him! Actually because of Z's rule, the rest of us get more behind the boat time. At least he doesn't mind driving when the water is slightly chilly.

Mikey
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
The fact is you got out on the water and had fun. I got brave this weekend and removed the winter tarp,etc knowing we will most likely still get a big dump of snow. I started to clean it up and changed out my speakers,now i'm inspired to upgrade more stereo,items. Still gonna be a couple weeks till its safe to dewinterize and really start thinking about getting out.
Then it will still be DRYSUIT time as the water will stll be 40's to low 50's degrees.
Enjoy ,for us Northerners .

wolfeman131
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
And I thought I had a friend that could keep a secret! :mrgreen:

Wow look at that gorgeous thing!!! The boat, no the woman, no I mean both of them!

only because I had photo evidence did I let that one slip. the others I'll keep under wraps. :p

wolfeman131
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Wolfeman, Is that your tube? It DOES look good with our boat :)

no, no, no . . . that is YOUR tube!

not that I won't admit to owning a few tubes. I'll buy whatever the kiddos want for the boat. the boat was for our entire family to enjoy, so as long as it puts smiles on the faces, I'm good. we do follow a strict rule for tubing: it can't be done when others are enjoying a smooth lake.

BensonWdby
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Actually wolfman - that is what we do as well. Between noon and 5 Pm it is prety much tubes only... But I always get a kick out $60K MC that do nothing but pull tubes all day ..

zegm
04-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Ok this is getting funny!!!!
It is not our tube as we don't own a tube. Now to be fair Ginny and I thought maybe you caught us in 2008 near Ginny's parents house with one of her sisters tube but this picture is near your house from last year (2009) because we made Zachary wear a helmet because of his ear surgery. That being said if it is not your tube then it might be possible we borrowed her sisters tube and took us with us to your house; but I am more likely to think that it might also be Moombadazes or Kaneboats tubes and we borrowed it from them.
Guy would you like to defend yourselves here? :p

MrsZ
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Wolfman, We just asked little Z where the tube came from and he said it was YOUR tube! Then IT hit the fan and he said Why cant WE get a tube? Its fun! So...can you give us the name of your tube so we will know what to buy? :)

viking
04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
:D
I as one inocent little question and look what happens!!
;)

wolfeman131
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Couldn't have been my tube as you put your kids on it for the last ride back to your folks house before heading out.

I have some great pics of all our kids having a blast in 2008 on our tube that first weekend we met. It's a great one. It's an O'Brien model & I think I got it at Bass Pro.

kaneboats
04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Not mine. I don't tube and I was going to say that I don't think I have ever bought one. But, I remembered getting one off ebay a few years ago when the kids were real little. The cover ripped and I bought another cover for it. It's long gone now though. My two brothers are tubers and so I inherited the HUGE one that I have pics of somewhere with all 6 kids in from one of them. The floor ripped out of that one though and it's gone. My other brother bought a spiderman one about 3 years ago but it's on its last leg. I pull tubes every now and then but we do a lot of other stuff so I usually "forget" to pack the tube along.

moombadaze
04-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Tube in the picture is NOT mine. I do own 3 tubes, its fun. We have 2 from bass pro shops(single person flat round sytle,red raptors) and 1 obrein tube my daughter won at the atlanta jamboree(black/rd). So Zegm-I'm thinking its yours:)

zegm
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Ok after doing some more research it appears that the suspect tube in question belongs to my sister in law and that we indeed might have taken it with all the way across Lake Sinclair to Wolfemans house. That being said it should still be noted and recorded as record that we don't own a inflatable ring type device and luckily my kids aren't reading these posts and have forgotten about such device. Whew!!!! :D

I should make it clear here that when we go to Lake Sinclair in Georgia we stay at my wife's parents summer lake house. She has a brother and a sister who use it during the summer also so everyone keeps water sports equipment there. I cannot count the number of skis, kneeboards and tubes that are stored in the shed there. I will also never admit that the very nice kneeboard we have here in Florida might have also came from such shed and might belong to my sister in law also. 8)

GeauxTigers
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey, sometimes that's what you do when the kids want to ride the tube and only the tube!

GeauxTigers
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Kane! Brutal! Z paid extra for that teak platform.

wolfeman131
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I may have to rig the raffle at this year's Sinclair Jam to insure little Z wins a tube! :)

while this may not officially be classified as a tube, this came outta Kane's big bag of fun

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jamboree/IMG_2804.jpg

the kiddos had a blast battling on Daze's tubes.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jamboree/IMG_2777.jpg

kaneboats
04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot I brought my brother's wiener to Sinclair. Still haven't been able to fix that thing. Oh well.

I do notice that all families are represented on the tubes.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee356/kaneboats/IMG_0545.jpg

zegm
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Kane! Brutal! Z paid extra for that teak platform.

Yeah beauty doesnt' come cheap, actually it was a 250 dollar option when we ordered it.

zegm
04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot I brought my brother's wiener to Sinclair. Still haven't been able to fix that thing. Oh well.

I do notice that all families are represented on the tubes.

Hummmm your brother my sister in law??? Boy we sure know who to blame now don't we! :)

moombadaze
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
ok, after studing the last photo, theres a certain LS with the hotdog TUBE attached and getting ready. Look closely and you can see the rope going into the boat.

zegm
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I may have to rig the raffle at this year's Sinclair Jam to insure little Z wins a tube! :)

Z and his sister would love that! In Tampa he won a slalom ski and his sister won those lights that are mounted on our tower, you know the ones I never wired up. Had to put them up there because she won them!!! I won a hat and poor Mrs.Z was one of the very few that didn't win a thing in Tampa!

zegm
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
ok, after studing the last photo, theres a certain LS with the hotdog TUBE attached and getting ready. Look closely and you can see the rope going into the boat.

While it does appear to look like that I remember it different. We were parked and if you remember poor Zachary being the oldest boy was vastly outnumbered by many girls that were about his age. Everytime we stopped little Z became a "chick" magnet. Well of course with the exception of his sister! Now if this continues in a couple more years he might then really appreciate this power! :p