PDA

View Full Version : cheaper rotateing board rack

moombadaze
04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Anybody try one of these. For the price it sure doesnt look to bad

http://diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=622

Jeff W
04-15-2010, 09:14 AM
looks kinda ghetto and I'd be worried about it rattling when it's loaded up going over double ups..

I might try it anyways. Aerial has swivel racks for $289 that are a more traditional design - this might work though.. My biggest issue isn't getting the boards in and out of the racks but getting my boat in and out of the lift.

kaneboats
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
No, not too bad. Glad to see a reasonable price on these. I'm gonna have to give it a couple years though.

moombadaze
04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I may just order the spinning portion-it comes seperate, as I have a wakeboard rack from them

Sled491
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
What is the backer made of, looks like some kind of plastic. They talk about the rack being aluminum, but the swivel they never mention. With the kind of clip to close they are showing it would almost have to be plastic?

Razzman
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Daze, DIY Wake aka Pyramid Manufacturing is local to me (sort of). Anyway they make decent stuff. I had their speaker cans on my last boat and they were just that, decent. I can't say they put a lot of R&D into their product so i would be leery of a swivel rack from them and how long it would last. Their fit and finish isn't the best either in my experience but maybe it's better now. Also remember their stuff is polished aluminum, but not clear coated so you'll be doing a lot of polishing!

moombadaze
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Called them and he said its solid aluminum, still for a $100 bucks might be worth a shot. Like I said I allready have the rack and they sell the swivel portion seperate.

Razzman
04-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Called them and he said its solid aluminum, still for a $100 bucks might be worth a shot. Like I said I allready have the rack and they sell the swivel portion seperate.

Hey in that case give it a shot then, can't loose much.