PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter - Where is mine

Schneider
04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I read some threads (Jessec and others) and bought my fuel filter today. Brought the Wix#33482 home and climbed into the boat with my flashlight. I cannot find anything that resembles what I have in my hand. There is a "fuel filter" towards the rear (port side below the belts and pulleys) but this one has the appearance of an oil-filter (has "fuel-filter" written on the side).

What am I missing here? Does my 2002 Mobius LSV have something different from the others? or am I just not seeing the Wix#33482?

If mine is different.......Does anyone have the part# for this filter?

NCSUmoomba
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
My 2001 Outback DD has the spin on style that looks like a oil filter. I assume being similar vintage that this is what you have as well. I am not sure of the model number. I just go to the Mastercraft dealer (the closest Indmar dealer) and ask for a spin on fuel filter for a 2001 Indmar Assault 320.

Word of widsom, figure out the correct parts you need, before buying them. This will save time, money, and frustration. All the part numbers are listed in the Owner's Manuals.

VA LSV
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Fuel filter info is on page 45.
http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_02.pdf

JesseC
04-16-2010, 11:19 PM
In my 02 LSV it is located on the port side just under the starter on the very bottom of the hull up against the stringer. It is a round metal canister about 3" in diameter. I always unhook the power at the battery in case I hit the starter with a screwdriver or something while I am changing it.