PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Marine Customers

wolfeman131
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Those out there that have purchased and/or done business with Atlanta Marine, please help out. While browsing the Atlanta Craigslist ads, I found a post where someone questioned why Atlanta Marine would be listing boats there and projected that they were going to go under. It led to a follow up post where another person is questioning if they should do business with Atlanta Marine. Here is the second post:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/1690500709.html

If you're inclined to do so, email this person back to let them know how you were treated by Atlanta Marine. I've been very pleased with them and hate to see this negative (and, IMO, unwarranted) publicity. Please support our local dealer.

cbboarder
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Drew,

I just purchased the 2009 OBV at this years boat show. As a matter of fact, I was speaking to Hiedi today about installing an extra battery and Perko switch. $295.00 installed (Battery, labor and switch). In addition, they've been storing our boat and will be delivering it to Blairsville a week from Friday. First day on the water, can't wait!!

So far, the customer service has been outstanding and I highly recommend Atlanta Marine!

Did they give a reason for the bad reviews or why they think they're going under?

In any event, I hope they're around for a long time.

zegm
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
We purchased our boat from Atlanta Marine and they were GREAT!
I would drive another 6 hours to purchase another one there at the drop of a hat!!!

wolfeman131
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Did they give a reason for the bad reviews or why they think they're going under?

In any event, I hope they're around for a long time.

The only reason given was that they were advertsing boats on Craigslist. I looked, couldn't find any, but I assume it was only the used and/or consignment boats.

Anyway, both posts are now gone from Atlanta Craigslist. I had sent a note to the folks at Atlanta Marine to let them know what was being posted and got a nice reply that confirmed all is well. So, no worries!

BTW - I'm pretty sure I sat in your boat at the show. SWEEEEEEEEET ride! Gave me a bit of that "itch" from the new boat smell. :)

cbboarder
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
What do you think about the cost for installing the battery and micro switch? I could do it myself but I'm more interested in using it than working on it (at the moment). In addition, was't there a thread recently about botched battery installs. Another benefit of having the factory do the install, it's covered by our 5 year extended warranty.

The big question, is the extra battery really needed and is it worth the money?

wolfeman131
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
sounds fair to me based on cost of parts (I'm assuming the $295 includes the new battery, case, perko and cables) and labor. will they botch it? who knows. my guess is that they won't. Tony is pretty sharp with the electrical, audio installs, etc. and I'm certain that if it did get botched, they would make it right.

I'm only running 1 battery as we don't do a lot floating and listening to the stereo. We do all that back at the dock/house. Also, I still have just the stock stereo. It's hardly ever on as it makes it too hard to yell at, I mean instruct, the kiddos when they are behind the boat. I think you have a similar situation as me, so I'd spend the $300 on some toys, beer, gas or beer.

scoot_gt
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Tony is pretty sharp with the electrical, audio installs, etc.

Just FYI - Tony is not longer at Atlanta Marine according to this -
http://www.atlwake.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=3330

sandm
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
same thing goes on here all the time. dealers are not supposed to advertise on cl. they get a lot of heat and flak when they do, ads flagged, negative ads in return..

cbboarder
04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I just found out our saleman is no longer with the company either. Hmmmm.