PDA

View Full Version : New Fly High Fat Sac AIR RELEASE!!

04OUTBACK
04-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Many have fussed about BURPING their fat sacs.. Fly high has recently put this product out~!
http://fatsac.com/product/67 it's part # W749

just placed my order

csmsk
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
what does it do? looks like just a threaded plug.

04OUTBACK
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
you can unscrew partially and it releases air out of the sac. traditional wally plug has to come out completely to release air..and usually burp water too..

this is designed to release air when partially opened! Got 2 for rear sacs!

guinsha54
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah I saw this a week or so ago, great idea from flyhigh but I didnt realize you had to unscrew it. That doesnt really change anything does it? I guess you only have to "partially" unscrew instead of completely.

Razzman
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
i can see these working in the rear lockers but it won't help the center were you can't get to it.

04OUTBACK
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
$5 each. '06..no vent lines!

I also ordered some parts to vent my front sac..with an overflow out of the hull..

I plan on using for my rear more than anything.. they don't need burping as bad as front does, but thought they were cool...

easier than removing the plug completely to burp..

04OUTBACK
04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
so, when these came in, my first thought was, aha, why couldnt I just drill my existing ones like these came.. but, they are longer than the original wally plugs.

I just picked up my boat today and the sacs are in shed.. so I have not had a chance to even try..

BUT, I am going to put them on the back sacs. I am going to vent the front with an overflow line to a through hull fitting.. that way, it'll vent the air out, and overflow when full..

I have chrome through hull to put in plus a barbed plug for the sac.. all I need now is some hose.

sandm
04-21-2010, 08:07 AM
nice, as the bag I just bought has them, but I think vented lines are in order. easier..

ajmoritz17
04-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Razz....
the best upgrade i made to my lsv was putting a tube sak in the ski locker....there is a cap right where you can get to it to bleed air and its a little smaller than the 400lb bag that comes stock which is stupid cause you can't fill it up or you will bang youre toes on it...

jmvotto
08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Just ordered three on monday and received them today. ( very speedy)Since I use the over thew hull pump still, they are definitely worth it to ovoid spilling lots of water. good to keep these around for extra ballasts asfter i get it plumbed? it might be October before i get to it.:mad:

http://www.thefootersedge.com/equipment/fatsacs/custom_fittings.html

newty
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Spencer hooked me up with a set for my new jumbos sacs. They work pretty well.