PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Plate Kit For Trailer

stretch55
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Just thought that I would throw this out to the fellow members. First let me say that I am not an agency or an agent for any angency. I am just a normal guy looking for some extra gas and beer money for the upcoming season. I am offering a full diamond plate sytem for the boat trailer. What this system does is replace all of the black rubber padding on the trailer now with nice looking diamond plate.

This kit will include:
1-Bow stop pad
1-Jack pad
1-Swing tounge pad
2-Fender pads (1 left & 1 right)(specify width length will be 36")
2-Front step pads (1 left & 1 right)(20" or 23" please specify)
2-Rear step pads with guide post holes (1 left & 1 right)(34" or 39" please specify)
Please note you will have to 3M them or pop rivet them on. (I pop riveted mine on) but it is personal preference and what is evre available to you.

I am doing these kits as follows:
$150.00 for double axle trailers shipped to the US 48
$125.00 for single axle trailers (since there are no fender pads) shipped to the US 48

If you ordered just all black rubber replacements from boatmate it would run you about $180.00 + shipping.

I need at least 2 orders to get the ball rolling please PM me if you are interested. All payments and shipping info will be done through PayPal.

cab13367
04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
All,

I have seen stretch's trailer in person and the diamond plate step plates was the first thing I noticed. I checked them out closely and I can attest to the quality of stretch's work - it absolutely looks factory. Stretch works with architectural sheetmetal for a living so you can bet the quality will be top notch.

cab13367
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
BTW, I'd like to be your first customer - I'll take a set!

you da man
04-12-2010, 08:57 PM
What's the adhesive that's securing these? I'm 99% sure I'm in for a set.

RobertJ
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I have a single axle trailer I would be in if you could make make the fender steps for it. I live in Salem.

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-12-2010, 10:56 PM
i may be interested in this as well!

mmandley
04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I also seen these on Stretch's trailer and they are realy nice. The pictures dont so it justice.

I might have 6 polk cabins for trade buddy LOL.

Ill get in touch with you LOL

stretch55
04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
What's the adhesive that's securing these? I'm 99% sure I'm in for a set.

No adhessive on it. As I stated at the start of the thread you would have to 3M adhess it or pop rivet it (if you have a drill, 1/8" drill bit and a pop riveter).

stretch55
04-12-2010, 11:55 PM
i may be interested in this as well!

Ok buddy just let me know.

rc5695
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Those look great! Great price too!

For the rear, do they slide down over the boat guides? I know the guides on my older (2000) trailer are welded on, and have a ring welded on them so the plastic stays up where it is supposed to. It looks like your diamondplate is pretty close to the same size as the guide at the bottom. Might just be the picture though?

Is it aluminum or SS? What is the thickness?

Thanks, Ryan

csmsk
04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow, what a great looking upgrade!! Will you be offering this for a while or is it a "limited time offer"?

stretch55
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Those look great! Great price too!

For the rear, do they slide down over the boat guides? I know the guides on my older (2000) trailer are welded on, and have a ring welded on them so the plastic stays up where it is supposed to. It looks like your diamondplate is pretty close to the same size as the guide at the bottom. Might just be the picture though?

Is it aluminum or SS? What is the thickness?

Thanks, Ryan

Mine are pretty tight but the ones I sell will have play in them so all you will have to do is rem/ove the guid post pad and slide the step plate down over the post. The diamond plate is aluminum. I believe it is either .045 or .060.

stretch55
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow, what a great looking upgrade!! Will you be offering this for a while or is it a "limited time offer"?

For a while. I can allways use gas and beer money LOL!

you da man
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Stretch, how easy is it to remove ghe OEM rubber pads and adhesive? Got any tips on the easiest way to clean/prep the trailer?

stretch55
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Stretch, how easy is it to remove ghe OEM rubber pads and adhesive? Got any tips on the easiest way to clean/prep the trailer?

Once I got mine started they came right off. I got some adhessive remover from the home depot and wiped any old stuck on crud off. I would say pretty much the same principals as removing a swim deck pad.

jester
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
stretch,
You really are not being helpful to my check book. That is a great looking upgrade. Very well done.

you da man
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
stretch,
You really are not being helpful to my check book. That is a great looking upgrade. Very well done.

I saw a new Malibu 247 LSV the other week and on the transom it said, "kids' college fund"

Sled491
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that my trailer sits all summer in a storage compound and gets used twice a year period I would like this upgrade. Very nice.

watchmego4it
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Ok so I'm in for a set. Can't wait to pop-rivet these babies on.:razz: You'll be able to ship em out tomorrow right?? <--j/k pm sent

Razzman
04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Stretch i'm not trying to steal your thunder by any means! BUT my experience with diamond plate has been nothing but bad, again just my opinion. So i have a suggestion.

I had aluminum DP on my last trailer and everywhere it was placed was rusted badly underneath and it was also pop rivited. I had to drill out all the rivets and fix and paint everything. Even though the aluminum won't rust the trapped water underneath plays havoc with the steel.

My suggestion would be to use adhesive sheets underneath so that can't happen. Any barrier that prevents water from getting underneath will not allow it to happen. 3M makes many products in sheet form that will do the job, may cost a bit more but it's worth it.

Just my two cents worth. ;)

BTW, your kit looks real good, nice job!

stretch55
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Stretch i'm not trying to steal your thunder by any means! BUT my experience with diamond plate has been nothing but bad, again just my opinion. So i have a suggestion.

I had aluminum DP on my last trailer and everywhere it was placed was rusted badly underneath and it was also pop rivited. I had to drill out all the rivets and fix and paint everything. Even though the aluminum won't rust the trapped water underneath plays havoc with the steel.

My suggestion would be to use adhesive sheets underneath so that can't happen. Any barrier that prevents water from getting underneath will not allow it to happen. 3M makes many products in sheet form that will do the job, may cost a bit more but it's worth it.

Just my two cents worth. ;)

BTW, your kit looks real good, nice job!

I actually just talked to Al/Cab1336 about this this morning. He asked the same thing. I suggested that if to are going to pop rivet these on that you use some clear marine silicone around the edge about 3/4" in. That way when you put the pop rivets in the silicaon will seal them and also act like a barrier for keeping water out. Of course if you 3M the whole underside then you wouldn't have to worry abouot that.

cab13367
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Yup, stretch and I just talked about this. Another option is to just leave the existing rubber step plates in place and put the diamond plate ones right on top of them. I may screw mine on instead of using rivets and seal the holes with silicone.

watchmego4it
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm sold on the 3m idea to help prevent long term damage. Waiting on a paypal money request from stretch?? Keep me informed dude. Thanks again

stretch55
04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm sold on the 3m idea to help prevent long term damage. Waiting on a paypal money request from stretch?? Keep me informed dude. Thanks again

I was going to order the material this week but didn't get to it. So I will order it next Monday or Tuesday. I also still need you to verify the dimenssions and then I will send you a paypal invoice :D

mmandley
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Dabg Stretch i think with all the attention you got here you wont have a shortage of beer and gas money LOL

stretch55
04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Dabg Stretch i think with all the attention you got here you wont have a shortage of beer and gas money LOL

I prefer beer money over gas money since I usually just use the company card for gas "ssshhhhh" LolS it's my company so it's a good use of the corporate gas card Lol!

watchmego4it
04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I was going to order the material this week but didn't get to it. So I will order it next Monday or Tuesday. I also still need you to verify the dimenssions and then I will send you a paypal invoice :D

Saaaweet The front steps are 20" and the back is 39". Single axle. Any other measurements you need please feel free. I'm in no hurry so keep me posted. Might try and get you to make a few small cutom plates if possible also? Thanks again.

You're gonna have to drink lots of beer to keep up. Remember liquor is quicker.

davidl
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Stretch, count me in for a set (tandom)

watchmego4it
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
guess stretch changed his mind on making the step plates?? Wonder what's the best way to cut aluminum diamond plate?? I've heard a table saw will cut it ???

Sled491
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
If it is just aluminum, yes a good quality carbide blade will work. You need like a 60 tooth 10 inch to get a good cut with no chances of catching or ripping the plate.

stretch55
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
guess stretch changed his mind on making the step plates?? Wonder what's the best way to cut aluminum diamond plate?? I've heard a table saw will cut it ???

I haven't changed my mind. I threw my back out and then this last weekend I put my new ballast in. I am planning on doing 2 or 3 kits this weekend.

watchmego4it
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I feel you on the back problems. Choppy days around here are killing my knees too. Can't get up early enough to get the butter water yet. lol

Sled491
05-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Been blowing stink here for a couple weeks too. Was going to try to get out tonight, but now the temps are dropping again :(

ssmith
07-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Did anyone ever get there diamond plate kits from stretch55? I'd like a set and pm'd him 3 days ago and haven't received a response back.

Just curious.

Doublea
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
man those look great

stretch55
07-21-2010, 12:47 AM
For those of you still interested in these. I have been super swamped at work and any free time I have at all I have been trying to use it to be on the water. I will try to get some done asap. I will PM those of you who are interested to make sure you still want them before I order the material. I appologize for the delay.

Sled491
07-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Sounds like a good winter project.