PDA

View Full Version : BEP Perko/VSR

Txskyski
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for posting another perko/VSR question but I couldn't find my answer in the previous posts.

I have the BEP VSR/Perko setup (in the pic below) but looking at the way it is supposed to be hooked up with the two batteries, I have no idea how to hook up the starter cable to this device since the starter cable is directly connected to the main post on the positive battery terminal. I understand from the directions what needs to be hooked up to where on the module... unless there is something I'm unaware of here. I have attached pictures of my battery cable and how it is connected. Ultimately I would like to set this up to where the starter is tied into battery 1 and all of the electronics to battery 2. Any help on getting this thing set up would be a great help. Thanks!

jmvotto
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
do you have these instructions

http://www.bepmarine.com/store/web/Catalog/Category/Battery%20Management/Battery%20Switches/Clusters/714-100A/714-100A.pdf

Txskyski
04-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks jmvotto, That pdf came in the instructions with the parts, but the problem is that there is no way to connect the red starter wire to the BEP module since it's going from a battery post to a small threaded post. In the pictures you can see the starter cable connected to the battery which is supposed to conect to the lowest post in the picture of the BEP module.

jmvotto
04-12-2010, 07:14 PM
sorry, your could lop off that connector and put a smaller ring lug on it. this is what my dealer did or you could get a binding post and then add another red terminal wire with a smaller lug

Txskyski
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks jmvotto. Just by looking at it, it's a pretty big downsizing on the wiring so I was afraid to do that before hearing from someone. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

jmvotto
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
you should be able to get a o or 1 gauge wire with the smaller hole lug

Txskyski
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't know too much about running anything electrical, but is this BEP switch powerful enough to handle all of the cranking amps going to the starter? I'm still a little weary about cutting the end off the wire especially if this thing can't handle it. Do you have the same BEP system in your boat jmvotto?
Thanks for all your help!

jmvotto
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, this is what skiers choice recommends, many people have the bep vsr on here as well as the blue seas acr. you can search and find many people who have both. Its 100 amp as well, i beleive the alternator is 70 amps.

DOCDRS
04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
here ya go, you want to hook the starter up to the bep, then a line to battery1 and a line to battery2. then hook all your accessories to bat2, run a wire between neg bat 1+2

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/docdrs/DSC04377.jpg

Starting battery is on right, access battery on left negative don't really matter where they go its the positives that count

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/docdrs/Wetsounds%20420/ws420batteryfinal.jpg