PDA

View Full Version : Water was a little chilly

you da man
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Jeeeeeez, 62 degree water and trunked it for only one session on the wakeboard. Forgot the heater top at the house. Definately need a wetsuit.

ian ashton
04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
62?! That's bath water! Come ride our 40 degree lakes!

you da man
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Question is... how was the tunes on the water?

WHAT?! Oh, stereo was sweet. I didn't get to enjoy it when I was out because I didn't give my friends a lesson on the WS420. However, my friend Kayla was rocking out to some Kill Hannah and was smiling ear to ear bobbing her head to the beat. Interior sound quality was nice and the subwoofer definately added alot of depth to the sound. The customers on the cliffside restaurant turned their heads everytime we made a pass. I guess I'm "that guy" now.

you da man
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM

I wouldn't have a boat if I lived up north. When our lakes are 85-90 in the summer you get used to feeling like you're wakeboarding in a mild hot tub.

Sled491
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh you'd have a boat you'd just be the proud owner of a dry suit :)

stretch55
04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh you'd have a boat you'd just be the proud owner of a dry suit :)

Or at least 4/3 wetsuit. When I went out the last time mike the water was 51. I threw my 4/3 on and hopped right in :D

mmandley
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Stretch did you get out yesterday? It was pretty nice in the early part of the day. We went to Costco to pic up a few things and i said to Claudia, i wonder if hes on the water today? LOL

jmvotto
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

tha't right i would kill for 62 degree water.

put the docks in saturday with a 3/2 full suit, wish i had a boat summerized to pull me. air 55 water about 43:D

ausbill32
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I was camping at Pace Bend Park on Lake Travis this past weekend. There was only 1 other wakeboarding boat, it was great all morning till noon when the wind picked up. I got sun burnt in the afternoon. Gotta love Texas weather !!

stretch55
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Stretch did you get out yesterday? It was pretty nice in the early part of the day. We went to Costco to pic up a few things and i said to Claudia, i wonder if hes on the water today? LOL

No, I didn't. I went to the gym instead. Hopefully I will be able to get out by the end of this week. Supposed to be low 70's Thursday, Friday and Saturday. and then the next couple weeks after that I am doing some more upgrades. LOL! New intake and drain side on ballast, new head unit, new wired remote, new transom remote, new amp for the towers, ordering my sea deck swim pad and evelution cover. But I should be able to get out once or twice befor I dive into all that good stuff.

mmandley
04-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Cool man cool. I wont be out till after next weekend. The boat goes to AWS Monday and after that i can get it out.

If you make it out on a Sun Mon Tues holler if you need some beer and gas money haha

stretch55
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
What's it going to Active for??

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-13-2010, 12:03 AM
tha't right i would kill for 62 degree water.

put the docks in saturday with a 3/2 full suit, wish i had a boat summerized to pull me. air 55 water about 43:D

come on down to ohio i'll give ya a ride. i was the only person in the water on sunday. 2 other boats were cruisin around and the rest were in big fishing tournament so i had the best conditions for boardin!

mmandley
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
What's it going to Active for??

Its going in for the 100HR service. Its only got 72 hours but it needs the fluids changed and i cant get straight answers from anyone about my warranty being voided if AWS doesn't do the service. So im just going to fork the cash over and let them do it so i know there's no issues for the next 3 years of warranty.

Half the people i talk to or herd from said if the 100 isnt done by a dealer then Indmar can void your 4 year. Other half says it doesn't matter.

Im in the mind set it shouldn't matter who does the service as long as its done. But im a bit paranoid about my engine, trans, V drive warranty.

stretch55
04-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Its going in for the 100HR service. Its only got 72 hours but it needs the fluids changed and i cant get straight answers from anyone about my warranty being voided if AWS doesn't do the service. So im just going to fork the cash over and let them do it so i know there's no issues for the next 3 years of warranty.

Half the people i talk to or herd from said if the 100 isnt done by a dealer then Indmar can void your 4 year. Other half says it doesn't matter.

Im in the mind set it shouldn't matter who does the service as long as its done. But im a bit paranoid about my engine, trans, V drive warranty.

Well, better safe then sorry.. Those 100hr services are pretty pricey. Even if active give you the discount but It's gotta be done.