PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs

GeauxTigers
04-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone... I will be in Colorado Springs late July and I am pondering if I should pull the Moomba down there or not. Are there any parks/lakes/reservoirs worth the ride? I am planning on taking the motorhome but I am still undecided as to whether or not it's worth my while bringing the boat.
My daughter will be in a gymnastics camp every day and we have to be close enough to town so it won't be a pain to drive her in every morning.

madriding1
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
I live in the springs.. I usually head down to Pueblo Res. Its about 45 min Sounth of the Springs. Nice lake and not usually too crowded.

madriding1
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Also the pro wakeboard tournanment will be the weekend of July 24th at prospect lake.

yearround
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
knowing what you have in UT and what we have in CO, i would leave the boat home, unless your destination is a lake.

i have only been to pueblo on the weekend, or the winter. the weekend was pretty busy.
the winter we were solo! had a blast starting off the ice, but it is not winter in july (even though the north pole is in COSPR)

just my opinion, probably not too qualified as i don't boat in the springs.

GeauxTigers
04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
knowing what you have in UT and what we have in CO, i would leave the boat home, unless your destination is a lake.

i have only been to pueblo on the weekend, or the winter. the weekend was pretty busy.
the winter we were solo! had a blast starting off the ice, but it is not winter in july (even though the north pole is in COSPR)

just my opinion, probably not too qualified as i don't boat in the springs.

Hi! I was hoping to hear from you... and you are just confirming what I feared. Lake Pueblo would be a pain to drive back and forth as our daughter's gymnastics camp is in the Springs. I guess we can pull the FJ behind the motorhome and just do a few park visits and some shopping/sight seeing in Denver.

yearround
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Let me know when you are here we could go for a ride to add co to your states you have skied/surfed/waked etc.