PDA

View Full Version : Roswell Mirror Inserts

Reese350
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I picked up a standard Moomba LSV tower mirror bracket but I need to put it on an Outback. I think it's a Roswell. Has anyone else done this? I'm thinking I just need to pick an insert up from Roswell to accomodate for the smaller tower diameter?

bjames
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
The LSV tower diameter is 2-3/8", the outback is 1-5/8" (if I remember correctly). Your local Roswell dealer should be able to get the correct size plastic insert for you.

bjames
04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
And you may also need a longer anti-rotation set screw.

viking
04-13-2010, 12:25 AM
And you may also need a longer anti-rotation set screw.

I second that. I got the inserts from Roswell for my 1 5/8 tower and now I need the set screws. Where do you get them? I found some at Fastenal here in town but they don't have the pointed end. Might have to grind them down and re-tap?

Reese350
04-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks guys.

Viking - The bracket hasn't arrived yet but now that I look at it, I'm not sure I can use it. How do you put your tower down with the mirror on? It looks like it will interfere with the bow?

Scott

moombadaze
04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Scott, I had that same tower mirror arm on my 03 lsv with the foward folding tower-there was no way I could fold it down and have the mirror arm on it-tried all kinds of angles. Finally bought a monster tower removable mirror arm-worked so good I kept it for the 08.

Reese350
04-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Hmm, thanks Daze. I may have to go the monster route.

What do you other Outback owners use for a mirror setup?

Heads up LSV owners....I may have a brand new Roswell mirror arm for sale real soon (maybe before it arrives)!

viking
04-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Reese,
I got the inserts for my tower Roswell cans. I was looking at picking up the same mirror arm as you and didn't think about tolding tower down. Thanks for the heads up?

I don't know if I"m going to need the set screws or not. We'll see if the speakers move alot when on the water??

Reese350
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Viking - Update...The arm showed up today and it came with the inserts so I didn't need to buy them (score!). This thing is awesome so I'm really hoping to make it work. I mounted it and I'm hoping I can just swing it out of the way when I need to put the tower down. It's pretty tight and will still swing out so I think it will.

Now to find a depth gauge, PP Stargazer, and bimini. The Amex is getting a workout!

viking
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
:)
Post up some pics of the upgrades when you get a chance!
PS - where did you get your roswell mirror arm? And was it just the arm or the mirror too?

Reese350
04-16-2010, 07:01 AM
I found it on Craigslist in TN. You can use www.craiglook.com to search the whole country at once instead of city by city. It was just the arm but it was brand new in the box from the 2008 model year. I found a good deal on the CIPA Extreme mirror on Amazon.com so I ordered it last night.

viking
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
I found it on Craigslist in TN. You can use www.craiglook.com to search the whole country at once instead of city by city. It was just the arm but it was brand new in the box from the 2008 model year.

:) :D I was looking at that too! Funny.