PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Fly High Sacs and Ballast hose

viking
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm looking to buy 2 Fly High Fat Sacs:
1.) 10x26x60 rear seat sac (650bls)
2.) 16x16x42 V-drive side sac (400lbs)

thought I'd check if anybody has them that they want to unload before I buy new?

Also looking to buy some Ballast Hose. I need to make a few longer runs for the rear sac. What is everyone using and where is the best place to buy?

brain_rinse
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Are you going to 1" fill lines or sticking with 3/4" hose? Regardless, don't be tempted to get spa hose... it looks just like ballast hose but I assure you it is not. Get hose specifically designed for ballast installs. Check wakemakers.com for examples.

viking
04-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Are you going to 1" fill lines or sticking with 3/4" hose? Regardless, don't be tempted to get spa hose... it looks just like ballast hose but I assure you it is not. Get hose specifically designed for ballast installs. Check wakemakers.com for examples.

I'm just sticking with 3/4". I've got the outback so no way to hide the bags. The rear bag under the seat is already plumbed in but there is no wiggle room for extra. I installed SS through Hull fittings and they don't have a 90degree angle so now I need another 6" of hose and current runs aren't long enough. Also planning on adding a bigger bag to replace the current. I'll need another foot or so from current lengths :(
The other sacs I'm buying will just be thrown on the floor for surfing and I'll be using the Tsunami pump for those

jmvotto
04-11-2010, 06:43 PM
check flo rite thay have ballast hose for cheap.

jamestown distributors as well

viking
04-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks JMVOTTO! I'll check em in my shopping.

viking
04-12-2010, 12:59 AM
I see Wakemakers has it for $1.69/foot. Is that high, low, avg.?

viking
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
jmvotto thanks a bunch. Finally found all the hose and clamps on flow rite website. Much cheaper than some of the seller sites.

Wondering if you experts running your ballast mods are using the crimp clamps for the connectors or are you using standard hose clamps? And how many are using the Quick Locks?

kaneboats
04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
It's pretty low pressure so just about any kind of clamp will work. I like the real hose clamps though and they are pretty cheap at HD.

brain_rinse
04-13-2010, 09:50 AM
I wanted to use the crimp clamps but they wouldn't fit right on the spa hose I used. The worm drive clamps work fine though. What do you mean by quick locks? Flow Rite disconnects? If so, they're great and are totally worth the few extra bucks IMO.

mmandley
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I just bought 30ft of this from WM to run my new ballast stuff. Its easy flexed, fits right onto 3/4 fitting with no heat. Also you can bend it 90 degrees and it wont crimp.

http://www.wakemakers.com/3-4-inch-ballast-hose.html

byronkoz
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
jmvotto thanks a bunch. Finally found all the hose and clamps on flow rite website. Much cheaper than some of the seller sites.

Wondering if you experts running your ballast mods are using the crimp clamps for the connectors or are you using standard hose clamps? And how many are using the Quick Locks?

I used the regular hose clamps. I opened an account with Flo Rite and used them for all my connectors and hose. Because they're so much cheeper for fittings I used quick connects on every connection. This way I can use hoses from other parts of my system to fill my sacs I use on the seats through the aux ports.

kaneboats
04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
I've toyed with the idea of putting "Y" fittings on and splitting the hose with a shutoff on each side. That way I can fill any extra bag with existing switches, lines, etc. I haven't added the extra 400 yet, but I'll have to decide if I want to just put quick connects on each end. If I'm going to use it to surf I can just snap it on and fill with the driver's side rear valve cuz I don't fill that bag anyway.

viking
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Interesting Ideas! I just planned on buying the Tsumami Pump for $100 to do the bags on the floor but I guess since I have to re-run the rear bag hoses I could throw on an extra line and fill with plumbed pump? I'll have to give it some thought.

Might be quicker with the Tsunami tho as my system utilized the sprinkler valve :(

Still in need of my Fat Sacs yet so still in the shopping phase!

viking
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Should be getting the ballast hose anyday now. Still shopping for my fat sacs. I'd like to find them for 10-15% off but doesn't seem like any vendors sell them at discounts very much.

Anybody got any secret sites or sellers they want to share? :D

viking
04-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm looking to buy 2 Fly High Fat Sacs:
1.) W705 ...... 10x26x60 rear seat sac (650bls)
2.) W713........16x16x42 V-drive side sac (400lbs)

Thanks to all of you on the forum I was able to get the ballast hose and Tsunami Pump (appreciate it Al) and save a few bucks. This forum rocks and you peeps are awesome!

jmvotto
04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
My hose and quick connects came in yesterday, same hose as MC uses but different from sheilds brand but looks identical, also "american made" according to the cust serv rep. fast turn around:D