PDA

View Full Version : Impeller

davidl
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I have never had a issue with a impeller, what should I look for? hIgh temp?, ect......
Thanks.

DOCDRS
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes an increase in your operating temp from your normal range . Some say change every year, some say up to 4 years. If you have a water strainer it will last longer for sure. Plus it depends what type of water you run in ie clear vs weedy/sand/silty

cab13367
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I have never had a issue with a impeller, what should I look for? hIgh temp?, ect......
Thanks.

David,

I never have either. It's a preventative maintenance thing. I believe the owner's manual says to change it every 2 years. That way it doesn't fail at an inopportune time, i.e., when u are on the water.

Al

Razzman
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks.

David i never have either in any of my boats. But then we don't beach and anchor in deep enough water to prevent stirring up the bottom. I change it just to keep from having an issue. My brother-in-law treats his like i do but is lazy when it come to stuff like that. He just changed his after 5 years and it was fine! I'm too paranoid for that!

viking
04-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I also know that some people will start and run their boats without Fake-a-Lake or any water. That's sure to eat them up ASAP!
High Temps is a sure sign and for $30-$40 bucks it's a cheap insurance policy to replace more than you need to imo.

csmsk
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I haven't ever had a problem either, butI change mine yearly regardless. I've now got 3 spares on the boat just in case!!!

In 2008 the family and I were up at Rollins Lake in N. Cali and a boat with a family and some kid's friends flagged us down. Long story short, they gave me $50 for a tow in to the dock and another $50 once we found that I had a spare of the same impeller that they needed to continue thier weekend of fun. I turned down the cash but they insisted, so we took my kids out for pizza that night.

Just nice to have piece of mind and the possibility of helping someone out who's in a bind.

davidl
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Man this blog is awsome, I really thank you all for the info.......Summer is inch'n closer every day!

vfrdude
04-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I haven't ever had a problem either, butI change mine yearly regardless. I've now got 3 spares on the boat just in case!!!

In 2008 the family and I were up at Rollins Lake in N. Cali and a boat with a family and some kid's friends flagged us down. Long story short, they gave me $50 for a tow in to the dock and another $50 once we found that I had a spare of the same impeller that they needed to continue thier weekend of fun. I turned down the cash but they insisted, so we took my kids out for pizza that night.

Just nice to have piece of mind and the possibility of helping someone out who's in a bind.

We do a yearly camping trip up to Rollins - nice lake! ;)

csmsk
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
We stayed at one of the cabins that year just for a change. How nice it was to not have anything really to set up or take down. We still prefer our little tent trailer tho for most of our trips. Definatly a nice lake and beautiful area all together.