PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy a break :(

Sled491
04-08-2010, 09:53 PM
2 weeks ago we are hitting 81, same temps as florida. My buddies are all getting the itch and we're ready to go skiing. Last night we got snow. Today high around 35!

Pulled the boat out last week, now its sitting in the drive way in my way instead of on the lift.

Man this sucks :(

graybmg
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM
If you can find a cheap ticket, come to Alabama. I'll be out all weekend long. Not even wearing a heater shirt. Summer's here man!

Sled491
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Dude your killing me :)

zegm
04-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Sled,
We are still far from having normal temperatures. Ok maybe no snow but the water is COLD!

graybmg
04-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't give up. You'll get it soon. Even us Alabamians thought summer would never get here. We had a longer than usual winter and it was killing us! I hope you get yours sooner than you think. I'll have a beer designated for you on the Outback this weekend. Look for the pic.

zegm
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks Graybmg!
It just means the wife and I get to use our wetsuits we bought last fall but never used. I did make the wife put hers on, you know to make sure it fit! :cool:

Sled491
04-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Appriciate that man!

I'll be at the lake, but working. Sold one of my roll out piers to upgrade to a permanent style so I'm helpng the guy that bought it move it to his lake.

Fact of the matter is I'm on the lake before the ice is gone and on the water almost every day until freeze up. But a huge difference between running around like I'm on "Deadliest Catch" on my barge or fishing boat and running 28 off at 36 with the boys!

Z make sure Rod and his family show you how tough us WI ners are at your place tomorrow and go with no wetsuits :)

Hoopskier
04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm in the same situation as you, because we're in the same state. Had the boat out skiing on april 1st, 80 degrees now 35 w/ snow. Gotta love WI.

deerfield
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Sled - I may drop my baby off at Lauderdale Lakes Marina on Saturday. Might have a budy with me just kicking around. You going to be at your lake house for a drop by? Need a helping hand? - Deerfield

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-09-2010, 08:20 AM
i hear ya there we had two weeks of weather in the 70's and hit 80's a few days. wanted to get out there this weekend but rain is in the forcast and today its about 38! grrr ohio weather sucks!

Sled491
04-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Deerfield, I'll be moving a pier first, then doing some tileing and paint touch ups, so if your board sure come on by, been kind of boring working by myself.

Gus weather is supposed to get better for the weekend, sunny but still only going to be in the mid 50's :(

moombadaze
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
not any better for myself, sundays the weather has been the pits and the one good weather sunday and the wife and kid took a trip to see the inlaws while i play bob villa:rolleyes:

kaneboats
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
It's only going to be 78 here on Sun. so I can't get anybody to go out. Can you believe it? In IL I never would have wasted a 78 degree Sun. (It's also National Open House weekend or something so Donna is going to be parked at one of her listings all day).

deerfield
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Deerfield, I'll be moving a pier first, then doing some tileing and paint touch ups, so if your board sure come on by, been kind of boring working by myself.

Sled - I will send you a PM. - Deerfield

pickle311
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Yea, I was pissed because it was 48 this morning with a high of 75. It will be the same all weekend. Last weekend while I was stuck at the house, it was 85. I did get the boat dewinterized, cleaned, and waxed though. It will go in the water Sunday for our first set of the year. I can't wait and all my friends are pumped. Should be fun.

Sled491
04-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Funny how the spring works out for all. You need to set charges under some peoples arses and others you can't stop :D

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I always remember fondly sunny 50 degree days in Pennsylvania.

At this time of year - everybody would be outside wearing T-shirts & shorts, even bathing suits.

Now after living in Florida for so long, when it's 50, the furnace gets turned on and the down jackets come out.

funny you say that ed last feb i went down to tampa fl with my cousin and went fishin on his buddies boat. it was -11 with wind chill in ohio with snow and ice on the ground went down there and it was breezy but 70 and sunny. i was in shorts and no shirt and the guy at the marina said "you fools must be from up north" after a few seconds i realized why he said that he was wearing a hoodie and gloves. got a laugh at that it was a freaking heat wave compared to what i came from! hell i even got sun burnt!

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
i got my dry suit yesterday and i'm going to the lake no matter what the temp is as long as there is no rain i'll be boarding!!!

New Guy
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I went April 1st 80 out with the water temp at 45. I really wish I would not have forgotten the wetsuit at home but I can say I short'd it in April

Sled491
04-11-2010, 12:03 AM
I went April 1st 80 out with the water temp at 45. I really wish I would not have forgotten the wetsuit at home but I can say I short'd it in April

Dude, way crazy :)