PDA

View Full Version : Sterring wheel vibration

slalomski
06-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Got a question guys.... I've had my new moomba outback for about three weeks. I noticed that when I'm straightening out my steering wheel back to center from a turn (at near idle speed) that my wheel vibrates when turning back to the center position. I don't remember it doing that during the first couple of hours (maybe I was just stoked about the newness and getting rid of my 03 Stingray). Anyone experiencing this problem?

Jim

slalomski
06-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Cmon guys, gimme some help here!!

Yellowmobius
06-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Just a thought,

Could this be caused by driveshaft misalingment?

waterboy
06-22-2004, 04:34 AM
It might be low power steering fluid, or the fan belt is too loose or too tight.

Brian

james yarosz
06-22-2004, 08:11 PM
I would check both ends of the steering cable and make sure all the fittings are tight.I have never seen an inboard ski boat with power steering.they don't need it.

slalomski
06-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the post about the power steering fluid. "there's no power steering!! it's a frickin' rudder!" I'll take a look at the cables anyway.... It's not that bad of a vibration, I'm hoping its just a loose connection or something. Thanks for the inputs guys.

Jim

ProXman
06-23-2004, 11:48 AM
In regards to my post on steering, I realize that it is a cable however my question was about steering fluid not POWER steering fluid. While I was installing perfect pass I noticed a small drip of oil in the bottom of the steering box where the lower tube connects. While investigating this drip I noticed the cap on this tube was loose. Which brings me to my question on the other post. I assume if oil is coming out there must be a way or a need to put it in.

FYI cruisers usually have a form of power steering.

slalomski
06-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Ahhhhhhh, I see.