PDA

View Full Version : Prop change

chpprpilot
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Took the new LSV out last weekend for the first day of riding after a couple of weeks of motor break in, and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the hole shot and pull of the boat. My last boat was an 05 XLV, with the 325 motor, that seemed to pull a little better, as I recall, with a stainless four blade prop. The new 2009 LSV came with a "wakeboard" prop, but I'm considering a prop change to get a better pull out of her. I'm not really interested in top speed but would like to be able to pull a skier at 36mph and would also like to take less than a couple of minutes to get on plane with a full ballast while pulling a wakeboarder.
Anybody have any prop recommendations? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info online about whether a three of four blade is better these days with better technology currently making three blades that are as good as a four.

B

Razzman
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I would say call OJ props and talk with them firsthand. They are experts at this and will know right away what you need.

VA LSV
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Confirm which prop you currently have. It's stamped on the prop face. Wakeboard prop will be 14.25 X 14. Can't imagine anyone wanting more hole shot than that prop provides.

kaneboats
04-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Look at the prop testing thread. A big event is coming up in a couple of weeks and there will be data and lots of opinions and perhaps even group buys. Stay tuned!

98outback
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
What size prop do you have now? Im still confused as my ssv came with a 14 x 18 oj prop and I have not seen anyone else with this size prop. I need a better prop also. Just waiting on the testing to begin.

98outback
04-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Thanks for doing the prop testing. It will be appreciated by all.