PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

SoTX
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
What exactly is Perfect Pass and is it worth the investment?
Thanks
George

MartyC
06-17-2004, 06:06 PM
It is essentially a cruise control for your boat. You enter the weight and number of your passengers and the MPH you want to go, hit the throttle and it maintains your speed. I do not have it on my Moomba but have skied behind boats with it and it is nice for running the slalom course. I think the price is about $1500. If you are serious enough with wakeboarding or slalom that an exact and consistent speed is needed, it might be worth it for you.

SoTX
06-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks MartyC

Shoemaker Mobius
06-18-2004, 03:02 PM
SoTX,
There are a couple different flavors of PerfectPass. However, essentially it is cruise control. If you get the DigitalPro version it will handle all the complexities of slalom skiing runs. You can also just set it for Wakeboard mode. In wakeboard mode, you can choose to control the speed based on engine RPMs or MPH. It has several adjustments you can make, but you set the speed, power up to that speed or beyond, the Perfect Pass beeps and you let it handle the speed after that. There is also a PerfectPass Pro Wakeboard model that just doesn't have the slalom ski capability. I got the DigitalPro version, installed, for $1,200. I use it in Wakeboard mode and it sure makes driving easier, especially if you are the driver and spotter all in one.

Brian Raymond
06-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Inliner, I'm glad everything came out okay. Great advice. Brian Raymond