PDA

View Full Version : 2010 LSV ballast and radio questions

TL7
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Noticed that our front sack (ski locker) fills with air when trailering. Anyone else have this happen and what is a fix, other than manually letting air out?

Bought the mbq-ipod-har-13 cable (http://www.athome-atsea.com/cable.htm) to connect the ipod to the MB Quart system and use the deck to control it. Has anyone else tried this? It will connect and begin to play, but then it freezes. Is this a known issue or do I have either a bad cable or bad radio? At first it would let me scroll through playlists or songs prior to freezing, but now it just starts playing a song and then quits responding. I've always thought it was easier just connecting through the 3.5mm jack and using the ipod, but figured I'd give it a shot.

I can't think of any other questions about the new boat at the minute, but I'm sure they will come soon!

Razzman
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
TL7 the front filling when towing is a common issue due to the angle of the thru hull fitting. Either plug the thru hull while towin or unplug the bag fitting or you can install a vent hose with check valve and connect it in near the thru hull. I do belive a few here have done that.

Can't speak for the MB Quart system but some of our audio pros may chime in that one.

04OUTBACK
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
i have seen the reference to using a check valve on the vent hose. for my distracted mind, are you referring to TEEing in a vent hose to the current drain outlet thru hull and using a check valve to keep that draining water from flowing back?

mmandley
04-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Think Raz is refering to an inline Vent or 1 way valve. They have them at Home Depot i recently put on on my out line because i had that problem all summer.

Its a simple valve that allows water, air to flow in one direction but nothing in the other. It simply plugs in the line between the bag and output threw hull.

Razzman
04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Think Raz is refering to an inline Vent or 1 way valve. They have them at Home Depot i recently put on on my out line because i had that problem all summer.

Its a simple valve that allows water, air to flow in one direction but nothing in the other. It simply plugs in the line between the bag and output threw hull.

Exactly what i MEANT to say :p

brain_rinse
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Putting a one-way valve on your drain line will keep it from filling with air while trailering. However adding a vent line to your bags will make it so that you don't care if the bags are full of air... it will just get pushed out as the bag fills. It will also allow for faster filling and draining. Think about pouring gas from a can with the vent closed and with the vent open. Same basic principle applies.

brain_rinse
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Good catch, Ed... on his 2010 we're talking a different system. Aren't they already vented though? If so, let em fill up.

TL7
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Great! I didn't realize they were already vented. Got home from our first cruise and was looking everything over and realized the front bag was full of air. Guess there is nothing to be concerned with then. Thanks for the lesson!