PDA

View Full Version : ballast

outbackv
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
just bought a 2008 moomba outback v got a question is got a three bag ballast and when i turn on the middle ballast it works and you can hear the pumps running but when i hit the left or the right ballst fill switch nothing happens am i doing something wrong? any ideas would be great thanks.....

jmvotto
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Congrats on the new boat. do the lights come on in the left/right switches. all three bags should fill from the same fill pump. empty pumps are seperate. do the mpty sitch run and make noise?

outbackv
04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
thanks im pretty excited......on left/right the lights do come on! so maybe the midlle switch fills them all and the left and right drain individually.....but i dont even believe the make noise when i hit drain.....

jmvotto
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I am in the process of getting the GI to GIII upgrade DIY style so i have been accumulating parts.

There is a single fill pump that goes to the sprinkler valves( under the rear seat v drive area) each switch LRC will fill the respective bags by turning on the pump and opening the valve to each. when you empty each LRC bag the switch turns on the evac pump at each bag.

I guess i would check all the connections behind the switch, then feel the empty pumps it they run while emptying ( run only for a few seconds to check) then check the elactrical connections at the sprinkler valves to make sure they are tight.

does the fill pump run when the LR switches are flipped to fill and just no water enters the bag?

Valve look like this below

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=2253

outbackv
04-01-2010, 03:33 PM
ill try all that i think the lr might be to drain only and the middle fills them all ill play around with it and see thanks for all the info....

2007 Outback V
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
ill try all that i think the lr might be to drain only and the middle fills them all ill play around with it and see thanks for all the info....

If it is a stock GIII system it should not work that way. Check the sprinkler valves. There is a little switch on them that is known to get flipped off accidently. Your owners manual makes note of these switches on the sprinkler valves. If you don't have an owners manual, I believe you can access the online version through the links all the way at the top of this website. Possibly under "About Moomba"?

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

outbackv
04-01-2010, 04:29 PM
thanks ill look into that i bet its just something small like that im gonna play around with it and see what i can do....

jmvotto
04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
2007 Outback v, forgot about those switches as well. Page 40 in the manual below

Do you switches look like this with just a different logo

http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_08.pdf

outbackv
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
yes they look exactly like that..... any idea whats going on ??

jmvotto
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Read page 40 in the above lnk to the manual it should explain the overide lever on your soleinoid valves and or the breaker for the switch panel. I think its the levers

I tried to cut and paste page 40 from the manual but was able to.

outbackv
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
ok ill keep you posted and let you know if i get it working
thanks again

outbackv
04-06-2010, 03:31 AM
alright gang i need some help......btw my sprinker valve system looks identical to the picture above........i looked at the switches that are in the first pick they are switched to on and still when i hit the left or right drain or fill switch you can not hear the pumps or anything running but when i hit the center fill or drain you can hear it working.....all the lights come on when i hit any of the switches just nothing happens when i hit left or right....how many pumps does an outback v have i only see one? could one of them gone bad or be blown? if there is only one why does it work for the center and not the left or right
i checked all the connections behind the switches and on the valves
anyone have any ideas,advice any help

kaneboats
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
This isn't all bad as the center switch is actually switching on the fill pump that all three switches use. That means the fill pump actually works. It sounds like a fuse to me, or even two fuses.

moombadaze
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
If its not a fuse, check on the backside of the switchs and make sure all the wires are pluged in. Think all 3 switch's have a wire going into a relay that turns the fill pump on.

outbackv
04-06-2010, 10:19 AM
im gonna go buy some fuses todayand just replace them hopefully it works.....

outbackv
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
hey everyone just wanted to thank you all for the advice i fixed the problem......the left and right drain fuses were blown i replace them all and it all works great now thanks again guys....

kaneboats
04-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Glad to be of service. That's what these guys are all about. :!:

jmvotto
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Oubackv glad it was just some fuses.

Kane, your the man nice pickup on the fuses :D

kaneboats
04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Why thank you, good sir.