PDA

View Full Version : Malco Vinyl cleaner

98outback
04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I read some about this product on thsi site and read a lot of great things about it on other wakeboarding forums as well. I ordered me a gallon of it yesterday and am just waiting on it to arrive. I have a question for people that have used it already. Should i just spray it directly on the vinyl and proceed to wipe it down or should I wet the vinyl first with water and then spraythe malco on the vinyl?

Razzman
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
You can use it direct but do not let it run down the vinyl or gelcoat without immediately wiping up. Use a medium stiffness brush to work it in and get the grit out. Also keep it off of the britework (aluminum, stainless). I pull the cushions and do them outside the boat and cover stuff inside to keep it where i want it. It sounds like a pain but it's easy. Make sure to condition with a UV protectant afterwards.

98outback
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I will make sure to use my 303 protectant. Thanks

byronkoz
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Has anyone whos used this stuff tried Exquisite? Just currious cause i've been using the Exquisite combined with 303 for a while now and it works awsome, but if theres something better than im down for that for sure.

Razzman
04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
There have been a few on WW who've used the Equisite then switched to Malco and noticed better results.

byronkoz
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks. Im going to give it a try after im done with the Exquisit I have left.

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
is the malco just for stains already there or just normal cleaning of the vinyl?

Razzman
04-04-2010, 06:51 PM
It's great for the spring cleaning, dingy looking vinyl or stains. Once you have it looking new then revert to your normal cleaner & 303

Suprahunter
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I used the exquisite untill I tried the Malco. The exquisite is good stuff but the malco is better Do 1/2 a seat with exq and the other side with malco you will see the difference. I use 303 to protect the cleaned vinyl. Once you get clean you can mix 25% cleaner 75% water to use as a end of the day wipe down cleaner.

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
i never seen it sold in a store is it something you have to order online or where ya get it at
i checked at auto zone walmart and lowes with no luck

Suprahunter
04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Google Malco Plastic Cleaner for a dealer near you to get the best price and shipping.

Razzman
04-06-2010, 10:25 AM
i never seen it sold in a store is it something you have to order online or where ya get it at
i checked at auto zone walmart and lowes with no luck

It's typically found in auto / boat detailing shops or online. The nearest dealer around me was 100 miles away, an auto detailer. I called him and he sold me a gallon of it for $18. Since they buy it by the drum he keeps plain plastic gallon jugs to sell by the gallon. My brother went by and bought it and brought it to me the next time out. Go to Malco's site and do a dealer lookup.