PDA

View Full Version : Need Source for Heavy Duty Visquine for Boat A/C

kaneboats
04-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Does anyone have a good source for heavy duty visquine for closing off the cockpit area during the hottest months? I have my A/C system about ready to go but I have to close off the area below the tower from the windshield back to the storage lockers or the cool air will escape too fast. Here are photos of the refrigeration pumps and evaporator I have ready to go.

mmandley
04-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Are you kidding me?

This a dam April fools joke?

I have never even thought or herd of a AC system on a Wake or Ski boat.

Just jump in the dam water LOL.

jmvotto
04-01-2010, 07:11 AM
move north, it barely get s warm enough to get the neoprene off;)

Sled491
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM
You got up at 1:40 AM to try this out? Man you love that new boat :D

dru1974
04-01-2010, 08:59 AM
You need three compresors which are120v and a radiator for your a/c system.... Ok mgyver. Lol

wolfeman131
04-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I've been looking into a convertible-style top so I can close it all off and get the AC cranking when it gets hot. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it over the tower so that it doesn't interfere with the rope.

c.rix
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I've been looking into a convertible-style top so I can close it all off and get the AC cranking when it gets hot. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it over the tower so that it doesn't interfere with the rope.

I think that you could use some technology from Ice fishing they have those waterproof shelters where they flip over you when It gets cold outside then have a smaller door to not let the heat out. you could design something that snaps to your windsheild then flips over to right where the rear seat/rear compartments come together

also I would mount all your a/c stuff on the side you surf :)

If you have any other questions on the a/c hit me up I totally went to school for HVAC

I added a pic of a ice house for those that dont know what they are it flips back from the front and you can see the door too

http://base0.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5275003reg.jpg&size=20&dhm=e43e7be1&hl=en

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
lol. Let me know when you get it done, I'd love a nice cool ride with you.

:) :)

viking
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
All I can say is "that's COOL"

zabooda
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Here is your new design.

DOCDRS
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I was thinkin of do ing that with my pontoon boat, right now i just have a generator and a portable ac unit cooling it. Ticks the other boaters off but on a humid sweltering day with no wind its a godsend

maxpower220
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM
You could get one of those high speed air fans like are at the front doors of home stores that "block" the cold air from escaping or letting the hot, humid air in. You may need a 220 oulet for that, so plan on adding another breaker to your panel.

BTW, is that R134 in the system or the new R207?

kaneboats
04-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I hope you guys had fun with this. There are about 3-4 days a summer when I wish I had A/C on the boat. I jump in the clean, cool water of the Flint River (which is fed by cool natural springs) and cool off. On these hottest days I have to jump in about every 7 min. but the water always does the trick. Happy April Fools' Day to all you Jokers. And Happy Easter as well!!!!!!!

Sled491
04-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I think that you could use some technology from Ice fishing they have those waterproof shelters where they flip over you when It gets cold outside then have a smaller door to not let the heat out. you could design something that snaps to your windsheild then flips over to right where the rear seat/rear compartments come together

also I would mount all your a/c stuff on the side you surf :)

If you have any other questions on the a/c hit me up I totally went to school for HVAC

I added a pic of a ice house for those that dont know what they are it flips back from the front and you can see the door too

http://base0.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5275003reg.jpg&size=20&dhm=e43e7be1&hl=en

Hey I have that exact hut! Works perfect, mine is green though. Not sure how good it would be for this little project as the windows are kind of small :D

kaneboats
04-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Sled, this was a friggin' April Fools' joke! Nobody cares that you live in one of these in the winter to hide out from the ole lady!!!

viking
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Sled, this was a friggin' April Fools' joke! Nobody cares that you live in one of these in the winter to hide out from the ole lady!!!

He's probably hiding out in there right now. Give him a couple days to respond:D

kaneboats
04-03-2010, 01:42 AM
I know for a fact he has high speed internet in that thing.

Sled491
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
In fact my phone as modem works perfect. And ifin' your gonna live up here inda Nord you have to have one to "hidr from da ole Lady" and put yer empties :). Problem is of course that if she decides to go with you one day you can't keep her out of it.

I hope you know I know that you knew that I knew this was all just a joke.

On the air conditioning thing though my wife won't even let me turn it on at the lake house until its over 80 :( I'm from Canada, anything over 72 is a heat wave!

wolfeman131
04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm from Canada, anything over 72 is a heat wave!

you best bring plenty of beer to Sinclair 'cause July in middle Georgia is something else with the heat and humidity.

Sled491
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
That's going to be my weight loss program. I'll be wearing my black baggy drysuit all week :D

Actually I'm hoping KB will have his AC unit perfected by then and I can buy one off the classifieds from him :)