PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Outback LS

markcr
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if and how much the hull on the Outback has changed over the years. For example, the 2001 Outback LS is AWSA approved for slalom and the 2002 Outback LS specs look exactly the same. The later model Outback has the same specs except that it is 2 inches shorter in length. I'm wondering about the actual hull and wake shape for slalom skiing through the years. I'm looking at buying a 2002 Outback LS for slalom skiing and would be interested in feedback on the slalom wake. Also, would the multi-sport hydraulic wake plate improve the slalom ski wake or is that more for wake boarding? Thanks in advance!

Jeff W
04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if and how much the hull on the Outback has changed over the years. For example, the 2001 Outback LS is AWSA approved for slalom and the 2002 Outback LS specs look exactly the same. The later model Outback has the same specs except that it is 2 inches shorter in length. I'm wondering about the actual hull and wake shape for slalom skiing through the years. I'm looking at buying a 2002 Outback LS for slalom skiing and would be interested in feedback on the slalom wake. Also, would the multi-sport hydraulic wake plate improve the slalom ski wake or is that more for wake boarding? Thanks in advance!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=133163725810

Can you view that? This is a 2002 Outback LS about 28-29mph with an aftermarket tower, a driver and a spotter and regular gear load with a full tank of gas. Take away the tower (200lbs), a lot of gas (100lbs) and replace your spotter with a mirror (200lbs) and the wake looks a bit better..

This boat has no adjustable wake plate. Just the fixed smallish plate on the hull..

I'm a very amateur skiier (as seen in the vid) and I'd say the wake is a 7/10 for slalom. If you are serious - I'd look for a regular Outback (non-LS) without a tower.