PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate Hydraulic Cylinder leaks

hotrod62
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
My hydraulic cylinder for my wake plate is spewing fluid out on my 09 LSV. I called the dealer and they said thats not under warranty and only the drive-train is covered. Does this sound correct?

DOCDRS
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
when did you buy it, did you buy it new?

VA LSV
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Starting in '09 SC switched to a single Lenco electric actuator which should not spew fluid. Earlier years used 2 Bennett hydraulic actuators.

brain_rinse
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
My 08 had a leaky cylinder which was replaced under warranty within the first year of owning it.

kfechner
03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
My 07 LSV had the same pink hydraulic fluid coming out, they replaced the entire piston assembly under warranty. Did you buy it new from a dealer?

Fman
03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
My hydraulic cylinder for my wake plate is spewing fluid out on my 09 LSV. I called the dealer and they said thats not under warranty and only the drive-train is covered. Does this sound correct?

The L4 warranty might only cover those for one year, but if you have an '09 you should be covered. If not, it looks like a pretty simple process to replace one of them which you could do yourself. You can replace the seal on those for under $5. Bennett will warranty those actuators for five years and send you the parts for free.

See the attached link for parts and a write-up on hydraulic vs. electric trim tabs. According to Bennett, the hydraulic tab is much better than an electric.

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/hydraulicvselectric.php

hotrod62
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
The boat is an 08 and bought the boat new in Aug of '08, I miss typed the 09. The Dealer I bought the boat from kinda moved/Closed so I called the Dealer in Orlando and was very unhappy with the short response I was given. They where also [disappointing] when I went to look at buying a new one from them and should have expected the same treatment from their service dept.

VA LSV
04-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Had 1 leak my 2nd season. Contacted Bennett and they sent me new o-rings. When the same actuator leaked the next season, they sent me a new actuator. No leaks since. Great customer service and the repair was easy. They send instructions. Fluid is ATF.

http://bennetttrimtabs.com/index.php

Fman
04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
The boat is an 08 and bought the boat new in Aug of '08, I miss typed the 09. The Dealer I bought the boat from kinda moved/Closed so I called the Dealer in Orlando and was very unhappy with the short response I was given. They where also [disappointing] when I went to look at buying a new one from them and should have expected the same treatment from their service dept.

Just repair it yourself and move on.... as VA LSV mentioned its an easy repair and bennett will send you the parts for free with instructions.