PDA

View Full Version : Fae?

pickle311
03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm really tossing around the idea of ordering an FAE in the next couple of weeks, but wanted to get some people opinions on them. At almost $500, it's quite expensive for what it is but would you say it's worth the investment? I know a lot of people that own them like to say it's the best thing ever, like most people say with all expensive purchases. But is it really, would you buy another one if you broke the one you have or if you got a new boat?
Personally, I'd rather buy a new surfboard with the money but I'm thinking about my kid and the CO2 on this one. So let me have it, tell me what you think.

MI-LSV
03-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I have one and love it. Not only for the CO aspect, but for the reduced noise on the boat. I am not one to like a really loud boat, so the additional muffler it provides I really like.
If I were to buy a new boat, I would immediately order a new FAE for it, even it it had the CAT's on it, just for the nice quiet cruising.

pickle311
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the reply.

Anyone else care share their opinion?

nibots
03-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I would not have a boat without it. Best after market product I have ever bought. The reduced exhaust is nice but the best part is the reduced noise. Can barely hear the engine at idle. At towing speed it is mostly mechanical noises, like the alternator and water pump, and the water moving against the hull. Very easy to talk while the boat is running and it is possibly the best stereo upgrade out there. It is relatively easy to install your self if you can drill stainless.

pickle311
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
If it's so effective, I'm wondering why no boat builders use them or something similar, or even offer it as an option. I'll probably get it in a couple of weeks, wish they would go on sale or I could find a group buy.

moombadaze
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Ive been in and behind Maxpower's outback-he has the fae, wow was that quite. I could actually hear them talking to each other while slipping my rear foot in the ski while in the water.

Its on my to-do list.

csm
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I got mine mainly because the exhaust fumes while surfing, or sitting in the backseat of my boat were really strong. After a long day of boating, I would usually have a pretty bad headache. I don't even think about the exhaust anymore since installing FAE over a year ago. The noise reduction is an added bonus for me.

Would I buy it again? I think it depends on the boat. If I still had this current boat, I would buy it again. However, I've boarded behind my cousin's newer Supra, and didn't have any issues with the fumes/headaches, etc. So I'm not sure that I would buy it if that was the case.

But for me, it has been a great purchase.

jamiemjansen
05-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I put it on my 04 mobious about a year ago. Much quieter, and no more headaches (from CO). People living on lakes are sensitive to us wakeboard boat owners because of the noise, and the wakes we create washing out their sandy beaches. Some lakes are postin speed limits to discourage us. I say, whatever we can do, to keep doing what we are doing, is a good thing. So noise reduction is my compromise because I throw a big wake with 1900 lbs. of ballasts.

Drawback, it does limit movement of the wake plate a bit. I can't get it to go all the way up any more. But it is 80% there and that is fine with me.

danimal365
05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm with Ed, I love the v8 sound and the CO is a non-issue.

mmandley
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I would consider this for CO issues. Noise? No because my stereo is way louder then my exhaust now LOL.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I mean how much quieter could it actually make it?? I must admit, I also like the roar of th engine, but could stand it bing a tad quieter.

I was thinking about buying some dynamat to either lay or spray in the engine compartment......

Also for you Mike, Which lights do you have your trailer? VERY bright I noticed.

mmandley
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
I have the LEDs on mine.