PDA

View Full Version : Break-In Finished-- Good Day

kaneboats
03-28-2010, 11:33 AM
It was 75 and sunny with water about 62. Only my oldest wanted to get wet. She was very rusty but jumped in with the shorty and managed a few face plants. Lots of work to do with the surf wake. The pic shows all stock ballast full and the family all sitting on the surf side.

moombadaze
03-28-2010, 02:31 PM
lucky with the weather--raining today for us, so no boating, but got the girls room painted

maxpower220
03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't get it, we are having wind at 20-30 mph and only topping out in the high 60's.

Glad you got out, looks like everyone was having fun.

wolfeman131
03-28-2010, 06:16 PM
NICE!

We got the boat out of storage this weekend, waxed up and back on the lift. Girls wanted to ride, but Momma said "NO!" since we're heading to the beach next week for Spring Break and she doesn't want sick kids. Glad they were excited to get back out this year. :)

Got same done w/ sea doo, but also got about an hour ride on that with my 2 yr old son. He loves going for rides and the faster I go, the harder he laughs and yells, "Go! Go! Go!"

kaneboats
03-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear the girls are ready to ride. I'm also glad J loves the boat cuz he's gonna spend lots of time in it this year.

brain_rinse
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Your boat looks great! But what's up with the wake? Both the wakeboarding and surfing pics. Is the boat still hooked to the trailer?! :D

Edit: just saw the other thread where you mentioned that both rear bags were full. That explains the surf wave but not the wakeboard shot.

kaneboats
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
We are still trying to work out the right ballast, line length, speed, etc. The daughter is not a great wakeboarder. She was telling me 19 MPH then speeding up from there. It was the FIRST DAY!!!! It's a work in progress. (It does look washed out in that photo though). I'd get the wake looking perfect then she would ask for a speed change. Plus, she lasted under 10 min. and fell 3 times so it was a little hard to get anything right.

What ballast do you run for less than intermediate riders and where do you put the wakeplate for that level and for intermediate to good riders?

brain_rinse
03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on you on your first day out! I really just wanted to figure out what's up and help you dial it in. The LSV has a b-e-a-utiful wake that is clean and consistant from 50-90 feet back once you have it dialed. I'll see if I can help a little with the wakeboarding wake.

I'll preface all of this as "my experience" of course. The biggest issue is speed. First, my speedo/PerfectPass were a good 2 mph off, so getting it set with GPS was critical. After that I've found that the boat doesn't like to go slow. 19 mph is as about as slow as I can go and still get anything clean. But I've found that begginners that can't handle 19 mph have no real use for a wake, and it doesn't matter if it's washed out. They have better luck practicing edging/board control drills at 15-18 mph where they can go nice and wide without dealing with any wake.

Even with no ballast, intermediate riders can have tons of fun. We usually pull about 20-22 and 60-70 feet for this group. The wake will not be a limiting factor AT ALL. W2W inverts and spins can be all be done with zero ballast. But start adding weight and it just gets better.

With the stock 1200lbs full we'd speed up to 23 and 75-80 for the experts. Adding more people or more ballast just means bigger wake.

The wakeplate right at 50% produces a nice shape at 19-24 which should cover most all wakeboarding speeds. You can tweak from there but it's easy for other drivers to hit "half way."

All that said, my personal preference is 22.5 mph, 75 feet, wakeplate at 50%, stock ballast full with a few hundred extra lbs up in the bow.

Hope this helps! Get some more photos next time and we'll see how things have improved. :)

kaneboats
03-29-2010, 01:02 PM
That's the other part. I can't communicate with a 15 y/o when I'm not driving. I can't shoot the photos and drive at the same time either. I guess I'm not a multi-tasker.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I think the PP is reading a little off right now. I'll try to calibrate it on Fri. I had to go about 21 to keep the wake from getting washed out. I don't think I have to go that fast. I may have had the wakeplate "up" too far as well. I'll start with halfway for her next run.

I think once I get everything set for her I can use it as a baseline to plug in my own settings. I am no pro at all but I think I run about 21.5 at 75 with just stock ballast. We'll see. I need to take care of the daughter cuz she's MY best driver! :eek:

kaneboats
03-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks! Work in progress though. Cheers to you b/c the dual Rule is the best part so far.