PDA

View Full Version : Moomba XLV - Cooler

kennedy
03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I have a 2008 Moomba XLV GG that I purchased from a dealer just over a year ago.

The boat has a spot to have a cooler.

Has anyone purchased this boat, did you get a cooler.

If not where can you find a cooler to fit in that spot.

Thanks for the help!!

you da man
03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I just use the floor cooler myself...nothing wrong with it. However, I can see if you wanted to store sandwiches and what not, you don't want those to sit on top of ice in bags. I thought it was kind of a weird design to have that space under the cushion for the cooler BUT you lose that valuable seating in place of the cooler.

c.rix
03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
moomba coolers leave alot to be desired so I cut mine out for more surf bag room under the seat

Maybe thats what the previous owner did on your 08

Honeslty your better off with a regular cooler

you da man
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
moomba coolers leave alot to be desired so I cut mine out for more surf bag room under the seat

Maybe thats what the previous owner did on your 08

Honeslty your better off with a regular cooler

I believe his boat is new and the XLV is different than the Outback and LSV in that it has a recessed area under a seat cushion for a cooler, however, you have to remove the cushion from the boat or use the cushion as the backrest when you make the back seat a rear facing bench. I actually don't think that's a spot for a cooler. I think that is a place you can step into when going around the rear facing bench if you configure your XLV that way.

c.rix
03-27-2010, 09:01 PM
I believe his boat is new and the XLV is different than the Outback and LSV in that it has a recessed area under a seat cushion for a cooler, however, you have to remove the cushion from the boat or use the cushion as the backrest when you make the back seat a rear facing bench. I actually don't think that's a spot for a cooler. I think that is a place you can step into when going around the rear facing bench if you configure your XLV that way.

ah gotcha I thought that all moombas had bad coolers im gonna have to check a xlv out someday

Rtmathew15
03-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I have the same boat and I did not get a cooler that goes under the seat either. The floor cooler is what mine came with. Only downfall to the floor cooler is the water drains into the bottom of the boat. I dont think the cooler is that insulated either b/c the ice melts fast. We put a plastic bag in the cooler and use it as a trashcan.

kennedy
03-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the replys!!

I normally just strap a cooler on the platform this way we never run short.

I like the idea of cutting the area out for more ballast.

Ian Brantford
03-29-2010, 02:28 AM
I got the cooler with my XLV, merely as a way to fill in the fact that I had cancelled another option. SC overcharges for it, but it's a good cooler. With my 2005 XLV, the cooler option is an Igloo Marine 48 qt model:

http://igloocoolers.com/products/FullSize/Marine/210/

It's padded, UV resistant and strong enough to sit/stand on. It is much better than a regular cooler. I would prefer that it be a couple of inches lower to match the height of the boat's seats, but it's still a good fit.