PDA

View Full Version : dry suits

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
ok i know i'll get a lot of different answers but anyone who has a dry suit list what it is and if you'd buy it again or dislike it.
i'm gonna go the baggy style so i can wear layers underneath and have some room but after looking at 30 different ones i'm not sure what ones are better.
thanks guys.

also a website or store you bought it from would be great too i wanna try to get this ordered within the next week

skiyaker
03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
gus- I ordered an o'neil boost from boardco.com because it seemed to be cheaper than anywhere else I could find- Barts told me they couldn't match the price ($379); only bad thing is that it took a few extra days to ship so it's gonna cost me a day of boarding whereas in our part of the country stuff usually comes from Barts the next day. I went with the o'neil boost based on advice here. I'll let somebody who has actually worn a drysuit before say how it stacks up. Depending on when you order I can tell you how I like it next week when it comes in.

csm
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I bought an Adrenaline Watersports drysuit this year. So far so good. And at only $289, makes it even better. I got one that fits me based on height and weight, but I wish I had gone one size up. It's a little snug when I wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

maxpower220
03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I had an O'Neil hybrid drysuit (tight like a wetsuit on the legs and baggy up top). I used it for surfing in CA. It worked well, but in the future I would buy an all baggy type suit. It was too difficult to get into and out of. I think that the tight legs would be better suited to skiing though.

Mikey
03-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I have a Safara wetsuit style drysuit that when fitted barely goes over a tshirt and shorts maybe sweatpants but fits better than a baggy type. Its from Overtons. Kinda depends on when and how ya want to use it. also under 300.00.

Ian Brantford
03-27-2010, 03:27 PM
I have a Bare baggy drysuit. It's been great. It took a while to figure out that any resistance to getting the cuffs over your hands and feet is easily cured by using a teensy bit of binding lubricant.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
skiyaker let me know how you like it when it comes in i've got some time yet before i order.

so whatever i size i need go one size bigger so i have room for sweats and sweatshirt under it then?

Hydrofoiljunky
03-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I have the Adrenaline Drysuit as well. Other than having to send it in to get the neck and cuff seals done once, which was my fault, it's held up pretty dang good think. I have always just warn a tshirt, one sweatshirt, sweatpants, and some thick socks and we rode last yr in 37 degree water. Now what I use to cover my head and the face, that's a different story LOL Also, make sure whatever drysuit you get you purchase the maintenance baggy kit, if they offer one, that is usually like 10 or 11 bucks. It has some zipper lube, some stuff for the seals and big ziplock back for keeping your drysuit in so it doesn't dry out and bust the seals. Been there.

C

Forgot, I would get one size larger just so anyone who goes with ya can use it if they want.

skiyaker let me know how you like it when it comes in i've got some time yet before i order.

so whatever i size i need go one size bigger so i have room for sweats and sweatshirt under it then?

viking
03-27-2010, 05:41 PM
seems like the Adrenaline Suits are getting decent reviews? Best online retailer for them?? I'm interested too as it can lengthen my season here about 2 or 3 months if I had one!!

What is everybody using for face, neck and feet??

Thanks

04OUTBACK
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
bindings for feet!!
look at dive gear for your head. there are some nice neo hoods you can get.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=diving+hood&tag=googhydr-20&index=sporting&hvadid=4334455739&ref=pd_sl_2eyavq9eun_b

hands have survived for me in water as cool as mid 50's...