PDA

View Full Version : Fully articulating mirror arm, clamp, and mirror - $90

brain_rinse
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Fully articulating aluminum mirror arm, clamp, and mirror all for $90 plus shipping. Used for one season and still in excellent shape. Clamp is for 2 3/8" towers but have inserts available to fit this to most any tower.

Jeff W
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Fully articulating aluminum mirror arm, clamp, and mirror all for $90 plus shipping. Used for one season and still in excellent shape. Clamp is for 2 3/8" towers but have inserts available to fit this to most any tower.

I will take it.

Jeff W
03-26-2010, 03:24 PM
paypal'd and IM'd

Jeff W
04-05-2010, 07:05 PM
UGH! I can hardly even describe how bad I fricking hate USPS.. Seriously.. This thing came from Iowa to Minnesota..

When will they get with the program? My buddy just shipped me up 18 glass bottled beers from Georgia by UPS and not a ONE of them was broke..

USPS sucks.. Government can't get anything right these days..

I don't suppose there is a CHANCE you put insurance on this, is there Dan? I know I didn't ask for it.. Heinsight tells me that would have been a great $3 to spend.. Ugh - so mad at USPS.. They screw up every order I get from them sans daily mail..

http://i41.tinypic.com/fxaujm.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2zrjjet.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/25auryp.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2n9kisx.jpg

Jeff W
04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
USPS

:confused::(:mad::rolleyes::x:

Moseley618
04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Anything shipped UPS automatically has $100.00 of insurance on it. Good luck collecting though.

brain_rinse
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Dude! So sorry this happened. I've actually had very good luck with USPS in the past, but wow. It was bubble wrapped 8 different ways... not even sure what they could have possibly done to break the mirror. Doesn't matter - I'll make it right with you. I didn't get the optional insurance because it was automatically covered up to $100. Let's start with attempting a claim and go from there. Again, very sorry this happened.

zegm
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Man sorry about the mirror, I might have an extra but really I love the granite counter tops!!! :D

viking
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
FedEx isn't any better. Bought these tower speakers off a member here in October of last year and this is how one of the grills showed up :(
Still trying to track a replacement down!

kaneboats
04-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I can't complain about FedEx or UPS (although it seems you can't ship a ski anymore for less than $70). But the USPS needs to be put out of its misery. With e-mail it's really obsolete and should be wiped. If a gov't operation with all it's advantages can't compete with private business, it's time to scrap it.

Jeff W
04-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Anything shipped UPS automatically has $100.00 of insurance on it. Good luck collecting though.

It's not UPS - it's USPS. Collecting? Haha

Dude! So sorry this happened. I've actually had very good luck with USPS in the past, but wow. It was bubble wrapped 8 different ways... not even sure what they could have possibly done to break the mirror. Doesn't matter - I'll make it right with you. I didn't get the optional insurance because it was automatically covered up to $100. Let's start with attempting a claim and go from there. Again, very sorry this happened.

Dan - don't be sorry. You didn't do it. It's those bastards at USPS that can't seem to get anything right.. How do you suppose we start a claim? Go to their website and get started? Did you happen to keep the receipt for the shipping?

Man sorry about the mirror, I might have an extra but really I love the granite counter tops!!! :D

Haha. Hit me up if you have an extra - I'd rather buy that off you than spend our time trying to get obamamail to cover their error.

:lol: @ counter tops

I can't complain about FedEx or UPS (although it seems you can't ship a ski anymore for less than $70). But the USPS needs to be put out of its misery. With e-mail it's really obsolete and should be wiped. If a gov't operation with all it's advantages can't compete with private business, it's time to scrap it.

Couldn't agree more

brain_rinse
04-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Jeff, I'll send you a PM and we'll get this resolved.

Jeff W
04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Jeff, I'll send you a PM and we'll get this resolved.

Replied. Let's see what we can come up with! I've got no faith in USPS helping out..

zegm - get back to me when you get a chance. Or anyone with a mirror that will fit on that arm, shoot me a PM or something.

deerfield
04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey, Jeff - You need a mirror. I have an extra. It's the original that came with my Outback. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. Take a look to make sure it fits your configuration. If it does, it's yours. No charge. - Deerfield

Jeff W
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey, Jeff - You need a mirror. I have an extra. It's the original that came with my Outback. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. Take a look to make sure it fits your configuration. If it does, it's yours. No charge. - Deerfield

You're the man Deer... I won't accept the "no charge" policy - but shoot a pic over and we'll work something out!

Thanks

Moomba Forum > *

kaneboats
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I was going to ask if anyone had an extra mirror gathering dust but then decided to stay out of it and just hoped someone would step up. Deerfield, that was a great thing to do. May it come back to you tenfold! Your mother, wherever she is, should be very proud.

viking
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
You guys are GREAT! Like to see members stepping up! I'd send you one if I had an extra :)

deerfield
04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Jeff - Mirror measures 13.5 x 6.5 inches. It includes a bracket that clamps to the windshield frame. Through good fortune I ended up with this mirror as a result of a warranty claim on a bracket that broke at the end of summer 2008. Instead of just a replacement arm, Roswell sent me the whole shootin' match including another mirror. So, if this will work for your application, send me a PM with your address, and you'll have it next week. My gift. Please. I'll insure and pack it good. - Deerfield

Jeff W
04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll take a look into this tonight Deer and let you know. On first glance it appears the mounting set up is different - but I was so upset at USPS that I didn't investigate much...

Regardless of whether it works or not - this is such an awesome thing to do.. I'll report back and if it works - I won't give you my address until you give me your paypal beer fund.

Thanks Deer and ALL of my Moomba family. Even during something crappy like this - you stay positive.

mcdye
04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
The mounting is different with the mirror from deerfield to attach to the arm. You would need a adapter which can be got from Monster Towers http://shop.monstertower.com/p-38-cipa-extreme-mirror-adaptor.aspx to attach to the arm.

Jeff W
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I think McDye is right - I don't believe they are compatible. I'll look into it a bit more..

Anyone else got a mirror they want to sell that is compatible with the arm?

Thanks everyone - you guys rock.

Jeff W
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
If you scroll down about 3/4 of the way - it looks like Ian did the conversion here. I'd rather just pick up another mirror if I can find one.

Ugh. Why'd this have to happen!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10631

brain_rinse
04-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Jeff, sent you another PM.

BTW, I have that monster tower bracket and it's awesome.

cab13367
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Jeff,

I have just the mirror that you need. See pics below. It's brand new, never been used. I bought this then changed my mind and went with a monster tower arm with the new style mirror. It's yours for the cost of shipping. Let me know your zip and I'll tell you what shipping will be.

Al

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Boat%20Pics/IMG_2280.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Boat%20Pics/IMG_2278.jpg

Jeff W
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Unbelieveable. You guys are amazing.

Here I am bitching about USPS and you guys are hooking up another member with mirror after mirror.
:cool:

deerfield
04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Jeff,

I have just the mirror that you need. See pics below. It's brand new, never been used. I bought this then changed my mind and went with a monster tower arm with the new style mirror. It's yours for the cost of shipping. Let me know your zip and I'll tell you what shipping will be.

Al

Al - Execllent! You have the perfect fit and solution. - Deerfield

Jeff W
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Al - pm me back with your paypal addy and we'll get this going.

Thanks!

cab13367
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Jeff,

Dropped it off at the post office this morning (I believe in giving people second chances :o), shipped it priority mail, you should have it on Monday they said. It's well packed and I wrote "FRAGILE - GLASS" all over the box so let's hope it gets to you in one piece.

Al

Jeff W
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Jeff,

Dropped it off at the post office this morning (I believe in giving people second chances :o), shipped it priority mail, you should have it on Monday they said. It's well packed and I wrote "FRAGILE - GLASS" all over the box so let's hope it gets to you in one piece.

Al

Everyone on this forum is amazing.. Thanks Al - enjoy the beer. ;) I'll post pics of the in tact mirror on monday or tuesday

brain_rinse
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Jeff, I sent you some money thru paypal to take care of the shipping. Thanks everyone who helped out and offered to help!

Jeff W
04-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Jeff, I sent you some money thru paypal to take care of the shipping. Thanks everyone who helped out and offered to help!

Completely unnecessary. Moomba guys are a class of their own.

Thanks to everyone.

kaneboats
04-10-2010, 12:28 AM
You guys are a class all your own. If I'm ever stuck by the side of the road I sure hope one of you comes cruising by. (Not only will I be back on my way in no time, I'll be eating a nice dinner and having a few brews!)

cab13367
04-10-2010, 01:09 PM
You guys are a class all your own. If I'm ever stuck by the side of the road I sure hope one of you comes cruising by. (Not only will I be back on my way in no time, I'll be eating a nice dinner and having a few brews!)

kane,

I know you'd have done the same if you had the mirror laying around instead of me.

Jeff,

Just pay it forward to someone else someday and keep the good Moomba karma going :)

Al

kaneboats
04-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Actually I had the mirror laying around and I was hoping someone else would step up first -- now I can sell mine on ebay and not feel bad. YEA, RIGHT! You are right on the money. If anybody needs anything I have -- extra kid -- have plenty of them laying around -- let me know!

Jeff W
04-12-2010, 10:08 AM
kane,

I know you'd have done the same if you had the mirror laying around instead of me.

Jeff,

Just pay it forward to someone else someday and keep the good Moomba karma going :)

Al

I'm from Minnesota Al - my entire life has been filled with "paying it forward". It's just what we do here. ;)

Thank you to EVERYONE. I will post some pics of it installed in this thread to show people the good work of Moomba guys.

Jeff W
04-13-2010, 09:56 PM
The mirror showed up today IN TACT!

Thank you so much to EVERYONE who helped out and gave me support through this stupid USPS ordeal..

I'll post installed pics later in the week!

Thank you guys - seriously.