PDA

View Full Version : '02 Outback LS . More Problems

SpdRacr50
11-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Well, I put the boat in the water today and the tach must not be set right, because it is way off. How am I gonna pull a boarder if my RPM's aren't right and I can't set my speedos? Also, the boat vibrates at high speeds ... above 30, anyone else have this problem? It doesn't shake, it just vibrates the whole boat. Around 20 it is ok, but over that and under hard acceleration, the boat vibrates. Well, any input would be great ... especially from Moomba or Skier's Choice.

Brian Raymond
11-18-2002, 11:49 PM
I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are having, I would call your dealer and let them know of your issues and set an appt. to have them resolved. I would like to help, what type of motor you have(carb.T.B.IorM.P.I.)? Prop. size(3blade nibral, 4blade nibral 4blade stainless)? Is this occuring with full or empty ballast or both? Rule of thumb nowdays is 36m.p.h. at 3800r.p.m. The engine, when at operating temp.(160-175deg.) at idle(depending on motor) should be 600-750r.p.m. To verify the tach is set properly, there is a series of switches on the backside of the tach, they should all be turned up except for the sw. in the #2 pos. this verifies it is set in the 8 cyl. mode. Keep me posted. Brian Raymond

noneya
11-21-2002, 04:03 PM
I've got an 01 outback and havent had any probs. I heard that 3000 rpm = 30 mph for direct drive boats. Definetly sounds liek you should take it back to the dealer...its still under warranty right so let them check it out for ya.

SpdRacr50
11-22-2002, 12:56 AM
Thanks Bryan for the info. It is an 02 Outback LS with the Carb engine, 3 blade nibral, ballast has no influence on the way the boat runs. I have been dealing with the service manager at Rinker's Boat World here in Houston. He has been trying to contact you evidentely with no success. I think I have concluded myself that I must have hit something with the prop and not known it, and just enough to make maybe one blade off, thus causing the boat to vibrate. Just a theory, but I will check it when I have enough time to take the prop off and take it in to be checked. Well, thanks for the help, I will look at the tach when I have time and check the "little switches", hopefully that is the problem.
Thanks again,
Jay