PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

TahitiVC
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Greetings everybody, we just bought our 04 Mooba Mobius last year around september and didn't have to much time to start wakeboarding. Looking for a board for my son. He just turned ten and ways about 85 pounds. was looking at some of the jr. boards but have a problem. The dam kid wears a men's 91/2 shoe so the jr. bindings won't fit him. If somebody could point me in the right direction as far as size of board goes I would really appreciate it. Wakeboarding is new to me as I grew up around jet boats and skiing. Thanks in advance

stretch55
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I would get a 121. It is good for weight from 85lbs to 105lbs. 105lbs being the max recomended. But if you get him a 121 then maybe he could get more then one season out of it. Depending on how fast he grows LOL!!! I would say that your probably goning to have to buy seperate bindings for his giant feet though! I don't think you'll find a 121 board binding combo with a mens 9-10 binding size.

mmandley
03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I would honestly be looking to get him Open binding as they will cover several size ranges and allow you to get more then 1 season on them. Also you should by a board slightly bigger then he needs. A bigger board will only effect him if hes doing tricks.

It will be a little sluggish in the water but as he grows over the next 2 seasons he will grow into the board. If money isn't an option then get him the 121 and hope he doesn't outgrow it in a year.

stretch55
03-24-2010, 01:59 AM
OK, well maybe a 128. That will do up to about 130lbs...

TahitiVC
03-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the replies that gives me an idea of where to start.

yearround
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
i would say a minimum size of 124 but they will only come with jr bindings that wont fit him. even if he could squeeze in, his toes will probably hang over the edge. so i guess look for at least a 128, with boots that will fit.

kaneboats
03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Most decent shops will sell you a board and bindings separately. They all use standard mounts so you'll have no prob making the boots that fit him fit the board.

byronkoz
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Greetings everybody, we just bought our 04 Mooba Mobius last year around september and didn't have to much time to start wakeboarding. Looking for a board for my son. He just turned ten and ways about 85 pounds. was looking at some of the jr. boards but have a problem. The dam kid wears a men's 91/2 shoe so the jr. bindings won't fit him. If somebody could point me in the right direction as far as size of board goes I would really appreciate it. Wakeboarding is new to me as I grew up around jet boats and skiing. Thanks in advance

TahitiVC, from your location and the Tahiti name im thinking I know your brother? Actually I think you've posted on the LBBA board looking for info before you bought your boat last year?

Jeff W
03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
www.boardersbestbuy.com

Keep on eye on that site. They run a "deal of the day" each day and lately have been having smaller sized boards. They are SUPER cheap so it won't hurt the wallet as much when he outgrows it in 2 seasons.

TahitiVC
03-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Your right you do know my brother and did give me some info on the boat before we bought it. Thanks for that we are real happy with her so far. Much nicer than the tahiti was. The fuel injection and modern convieces are very nice. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the LBBA outings some time this summer. thanks again

byronkoz
03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Cool deal man and welcome to the Moomba family. Didnt know until now thats what you had purchased. Definately look forward to meeting you this summer at some point.

Oh and FWIW, I just bough my kids a new seup this winter. They are 8,9 and 12 years old and I ended up going with a 126. Figured it would be a little more stable and give them some room to grow plus work for all of them. I got the board and bindings (hyperlite) new on Ebay seperate, great deals on both of them.

TahitiVC
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info Byron. My kids are 10, son, and my Daugther will be 13 in May so I am thinking about getting a board they can share possibly. Both are playing competive soccer so our time on the water may be somewhat limitted. Still looking forward to getting out on the water whenever possible. Byron whereabouts in Nor Cal and where do you boat.

byronkoz
03-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I live in Redding so im on Shasta mostley. We hit the Delta at least 3 or 4 times a year though and we'll be down there the second weekend of April staying at Turner Cut. You guys gonna make it up to Shasta with your brother in June?

TahitiVC
03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Not this year my son will just be getting out of school and we usually do our big family vacations in July.

byronkoz
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Thats too bad, Shasta is awsome. If you guys ever do make it up here be sure let me know so we can hook up.