PDA

View Full Version : First Ride of 2010

stretch55
03-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Well I finally got to take the XLV out yesterday. There was 6 of us. 2 men, 2women and 2 12 year old boys. I was the only one who got in the water. Air temp was 67 and water temp was 48. I got to use my new 4/3 wet suite and I was fine. Not cold at all. My feet were cold but they warmed up quick. The only thing that was really cold were my hands but other then that I was pretty warm. SO not only was this the first time out for 2010 but it was the first time out on this my "new" boat. I bought it 2 months ago and finally got it out. So I got to use my new boat, my new wet suite, and my new wake board that my GF got me for valentines day. All and all it was a great day. I went from a direct drive 20' Supra with 800lbs of ballast to a VD 23' XLV with 1200lbs of ballast. So the wake was super huge compared to the old one. That compiled with a new Hybrid wakeboard I was kind of cautious. I wasn"t cutting into the wake hard at all and was still getting very good pop. Kinda scared to really cut into the wake and get launched to the moon LOL! Didn't get to wakesurf yet but that is totally new to me. That's one reason I got a big 23' VD.

truetexan84
03-22-2010, 12:43 AM
sweet. we got out first rides of the year in this past week also. we rode on thurs, fri, and sunday. it was great. first 2 days air temp was about 75 and water temp about 60. today air temp was low 60's and water temp was mid-high 50's. being in south TX i dont own a wetsuit. we were just in our board shorts and comp vests. it was cold. made me wish there was a heater in the boat.

mmandley
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Great to hear Stretch it was really nice in the afternoon where i was in Lake Oswego but pretty crappy in the am. Hope to see you sometime in the Portland area.

Did you just ride in the Willamette?

stretch55
03-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah, mostly the willamette. Mainly willamette park. Especially this early. Later in the season we will launch more out of Meldrum bar since I live in Gladstone. Unless we go camping on a lake somewhere. So far we have 2 trips to Detroit planned and 1 to Billy Chinook. You'll have to let me know when you head out one of theese or vise versa always like to meet fellow moomba board members.

mmandley
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Absolutly man. We are about to go on Vaca and when i get back mid April i hope to start hitting the water.

Claudia wont goto the Willy LOL. I will but she wont so if you need a extra guy let me know. I can meet ya and chip in for some fuel.

We tend to travel around more on Sundays

Mon Tuesday and Some Wens when i go out i just hit Henry Hagg mostly because its closer to my house.

If you want to meet up sometime that would be great let me know.

mmandley
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Want to throw some Props out to Stretch55 and his buddy Zach for having me out with them yesterday. Man it was awesome to get out on the water again. I didn't ride as i didn't bring any gear, hell i thought he was going to test his ballast and dial in his PP. Ahh well if i had known we were ridding i would have brought my surf board and showed ya how to surf LOL. Next time man.

Snapped a few shots for everyone to see. Very glassy yesterday, i never been to this section of the Willy so i was just in awe of the water and the water temp was a crisp 51 i was almost tempted to jump right in LOL.

Strecth and his set up. Dodge Diesel and 05 XLV looking fine.
Stretch and his new baby
Bullet Hollow Points HLCDs. these are some loud speakers very nice sounding.
Stretch cutting a corner.

mmandley
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Last pic of Stretch taking it easy. He had the Ballast loaded in the back and man this XLV was throwing a very intimidating wake. Much bigger then i expected and would make me think twice before crossing it lol.

Thanks again Stretch, Zach and Rachel for having me out on your boat it was the Best way to start my 2010 season

stretch55
03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Good pics Mike. You are more then welcome to go out with us anytime. I didn't even think of haveing you grab your wakesurf. To be honest I wasn't really planning on riding. I just brought my gear "just in case" LOL. Thanks for letting me check out your sea deck swim pad too. I am hoping to order mine in a couple of weeks. I just have to figure out which gray to go with. We should try and get all the local Moomba Forum guys together out at willamette park one day or once amonth or something for a moomba forum day where we can all meet each other, hang out, check out everyones boat...

Eric Z
03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
You guys are hardcore....I am still in snowboarding mode. I thought I started my season early last year I think we went to D-lake in late april but the river in march....Wow. Hope to see all of you out this year. We will mostly be in Newberg.