PDA

View Full Version : Ice is gone two weeks early

jmvotto
03-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Ice left two weeks early this year:D two bad cant get the boat until may 1, 10 :mad:

Should be able to get the work done, lifts hoist water on shortly next couple weeks hopefully if the weather stay this warm.

DOCDRS
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
They were driving trucks on the lake 2 weeks ago, but now the ice and snow is almost all gone ....I am getting HAPPY:D

Sled491
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey JV let us know how the point goes this year, last year you put a lot of time and effort to get that whole system working properly again.

Our lake opened up friday. I was looking at the piers thinking I could put those in today. Instead I made fishing jigs in the garage and washed the big trailer to put away for the summer. Can't avoid the job forever though. Tell you what JV you fly out here to help me and I'll do the same up by you :)

Why so late on the boat by the way?

jmvotto
03-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Sled, I assume by "point" you me the water pump system. Hopefully i dont have to fix the foot valve this year.

Love to come to WI but not sure of the direct flight? It takes me longer to fly to the middle of michigan to see the inlaws than drive:rolleyes:

We have always done the first week of may for the boat, which still is about 4 wks early on our lake , i may try to move it up a bit , but we will be in Sunny South Florida the middle of April. So we decided to wait til we come back.:cry:

Sled491
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
JV yeah point being short for point well, or shallow pump well.

You know you can move that season up with a couple shinny new drysuits :)

04OUTBACK
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Joe
I returned from Florida Monday to find Conesus completely Ice Free! WOW.
It is VERY full right now too. Not sure when I'll get mine out of lock up, but probalby sometime in April... I gotta find a home for me and the boat soon.

BW

jmvotto
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Water level is very High right now.

mine is may 1st i think after our spring break.

hope the house hunting goes well.

Sled491
03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Joe
I returned from Florida Monday to find Conesus completely Ice Free! WOW.
It is VERY full right now too. Not sure when I'll get mine out of lock up, but probalby sometime in April... I gotta find a home for me and the boat soon.

BW

Dude you still not moved in yet, you've been in NY state for a while now my wife would kill me :)

04OUTBACK
03-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Still have not sold house in Mississippi..:(
About to be a hotel resident again I'm afraid!

Sled491
03-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Bet that's popular with the wife.

04OUTBACK
03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah, REAL popular.. she's been up here since OCt. We have been renting..

Sled491
03-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Look at it this way. If you stay in a hotel, no need to clean or make the bed as they have a staff to do it. If your neighbours are no good, just get another room. Go to a hotel with free breakfast and life is even better :D