PDA

View Full Version : 2010 LSV ballast question

TL7
03-19-2010, 10:53 PM
We just pulled the trigger on a new LSV (props again to Trey and Rinker's Boat World in Houston - best in the biz). Haven't even got the boat home yet, and my mind is already focusing on all the projects I plan on doing. One of the first is swapping the factory bags for either 750's (Fly High Pro X) or 800's (Launch Pad Sumo - if they fit. I already have 2). No problem on swapping them out, but my question is in regards to the auto timers. I assume they are programmed to fill the 400's. How do you re-program them to fill the larger sacs? Easy to do or a dealer project?

So excited about this boat. We previously had a 07 Outback that we loved but outgrew as far as boarding and surfing go. Don't have any pictures yet, but here is what it will look like.

DOCDRS
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Its easy to do , but why not get the dealer to do it if you have not got the boat yet. But get the instructions incase you need to fine tune it. Here are instructions for the 09

TL7
03-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the reply - however I don't see the instructions. Did you post a pic or is it just my computer having issues?

Didn't even think to have the dealer do it - maybe I could do that at the 20 hour service. We were wanting to check out the stock ballast before making changes. I'm sure we will end up changing them, but I want to see before and after :D

TL7
03-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Ed thanks a bunch. I've worked with Trey several times and he's been great each time. The whole crew at Rinker's has always treated us great. That really makes a difference when you are spending that kind of $$ - they put you at ease.

Thanks for the ballast notes. I'm sure it's easy once you get the sequences figured out. Seems like a job that can be done while putting around breaking the boat in with the wife and hounds.

Appreciate all the help guys!