PDA

View Full Version : Boat Accent Decals

squeeg333
03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey ya'll, my boat has some accent decals on the sides of the boat at the stern. When I got it, some of the decals were coming off. They were in more inconspicuous places, so I just cut them off.

However, at the end of the season last year, I was seeing other spots of the decal starting to come loose. Do any of you have suggestions on how to "re-stick" this decal? The pieces that had been "un-stuck" for a while had picked up some dirt/grime, so the stickiness was gone. I don't want to have to take the decal off, because I do really like it.

Anyway advice you all have would be great!

ian ashton
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
If its still under warranty I'd take it to the dealer and have them replace. Otherwise, naked all the way!

squeeg333
03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
I wish it were under warranty. I'm the second owner, and the only part that transferred was the engine warranty. Not a big deal, and I can handle the decals, but I don't know if I dig the naked look just yet - on my boat that is.

Razzman
03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
There's no way to re-stick once the adhesive loosens that i know of. It's either take them off or replace.

moombadaze
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I think the two tone boats look great neked.

newty
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
That boat would look incredible naked. Kaneboats had the poll thread up and there was a pick of a red and black lsv.
I think you will be very happy with the new look. You don't want to wait too long or your going to get fading in the gelcoat. Then your stuck with that sticker.

Come on every one... NA KID! NA KID! NA KID!

squeeg333
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Gosh, this peer pressure is killing me!! Maybe it's something I'll have to consider, I mean, if there was a poll and everything, it's scientifically proven right?

brain_rinse
03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep, and you can't argue with science.

Razzman
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
And ya can't argue with the wife either! I tried to go nekid but she said nope, the decals stay! Oh well accidents do happen! :p

newty
03-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Just peel it off! If you don't like it buy a new sticker. I think they are around 3-400 bucks. And everybody knows Moomba owners have extra money.:p
Because we bought a Moomba.;)

squeeg333
03-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Extra money? Really? That's same old story... check's in the mail, that's what my boss keeps telling me.

Someone needs to tell uncle sam to let me keep my extra money in case I need to buy these new stickers, instead of making him pay him more like I am having to do this year...

kaneboats
03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Pretty soon we'll all have free health care. You can use the extra money from that.

newty
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Healthcare... lol Riiiiiiiiiiight!
I hear you bro. Every time I buy something for the boat its with money I've made craigslisting old stuff. I'm not allowed to spend "our money" on the boat.
Because "Its fine the way it is".

kaneboats
03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Just sold $200 worth of old stuff- trailer parts, outboard stuff, ancient waterbed ballast bags, etc. and bought the new 750. That's what I'm trying to do too. Somebody bid on that prop so I can pay for my seadek pad.

Sled491
03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I had problems with my 1/2 wrap last year. The guys who installed it came out to the lake with some kind of primer (no spray can paint kind), which they brushed on the boat, then they used some 3M spray 77 and stuck everything back down. Not a single issue since. So my suggestion is to try some 3m spray adhesive first. If you use spray 90 or something instead of spray 77 make sure you give it time to tack up and wait at least 24 hrs to cure.

Have had my boat Naked, prefer the wrap :)