PDA

View Full Version : favorite water toy

eseebeck
03-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Besides the obvious, slalom skiing !! What are your favorite things to do on the water, I have a 11 year old 9 year old and 4 year old, they 11 and 9 love slalom skiing and of course watching dad ski. But what else is there out there. We tube, but that's getting old. Hoping maybe the easter bunny will bring us some new water toy.

any suggestions??

you da man
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Showering with my girlfriend...oh, you meant the lake. Hmmm, I'm new to wakeboats so I would just say surfing

New Guy
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Showering with any girl...

Their fixed.

Otherwise wakeboarding or barefooting.

you da man
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Their fixed.

Otherwise wakeboarding or barefooting.

I stand corrected, thank you sir

sanity
03-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Same here. Since my kids are on the younger side we do the tubing thing from time to time. I was looking at the new "doables" tubes from Sportsstuff (http://www.sportsstuff.com/). They have some videos on the website.

Chris

jmvotto
03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Stared with the funboard, then went to the rope in hand jimmy jam, now i can't get her off the knee board. Now she wants to wakeboard and ski. the year before this we submarine her on a tube and scared her right out of the water. now look at her.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=416

byronkoz
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
My favorite thing to do besides surf is to skate. I have a couple differant size skates I mess with and have gotten alot better at it the last couple years. I also bough a Covanent this year (like a roam) and cant wait to try that. With our 5 kids and all the friends on the boat alot I have to keep a tube around for them. Just bought another one from Costco that looks pretty cool and a bit safer IMO. Heres a link if anyones interested in getting another tube. Quality is good and great price.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11306829&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|111|2271&N=4000192&Mo=47&pos=4&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=2271&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC40-Cat111&topnav=

moombadaze
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
#1 surfing
#2 tubing-with the right driver it can be a absolute blast--thats right I said tubing!

Reese350
03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Esee, where are you in MI? My 7 year old started skiing in some of the AWSA tournaments around MI last year and would love to have some other kids in his bracket. It would be great to see you guys come out to some of the tournaments.

murraymoomba
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Sky skiing!! What else is there to do?

murraymoomba
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
You can even get your wife to ride a sky ski!!!

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm afraid to try one of those. I've seen how much they cost and I might just like it.

mmandley
03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
i recall a thread like that last year Ed. You might want to post your concerns before people volunteer. I know you had some qulifications before letting anyone try that out.

kaneboats
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
I was going to try it but refused to sign the waiver and hold harmless agreement.

zabooda
03-18-2010, 02:57 AM
I boogie board after I get my ski runs in. No pictures of it though and you need glass as it tears the heck out of your arms hitting waves. Then at the end I give them the signal and they crack the whip and I go about 80 miles an hour an inch off the water before I let go. I usually get a board when I hit the coastal cities and check it in as luggage.

newty
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Does beer count?

mmandley
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Does beer count?

I second that,

Favorite water toy has to be Fierah, just sitting in the water with tunes on and a frosty cold one in my hand watching the other boats do there thing.

eseebeck
03-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I am in Gladwin, just north of Midland. I used to run some tourneys around the flint area. Hidden lake, Tivoli and Jepawit. But trying to include the kids for a day our tourney skiing was a little tough. My 11 and 9 year old would be a little easier now that they could participate. But I think they would rather spend the day on their own boat fooling around instead of spending their day waiting their turn for a just a few runs.

I think they're spoiled in that way. I miss the tourneys and seeing the guys and girls I used to run with though. Just a different stage of life, I supposed.

I would like to see a MOOMBA rendezous in mid or northern michigan though.

JesseC
03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I am with Byron, I enjoy wakeskating from time to time, other than that I love our super low profile O'Brien Ricochet knee board. I have had multiple knee surgeries and this this does not bother me at all!!! I knee boarded a lot last year after my full blackout concusion (spelling???) and compressed back.

Razzman
03-18-2010, 12:51 PM
#1 surfing
#2 tubing-with the right driver it can be a absolute blast--thats right I said tubing!

Amen! A good driver can give a great tube ride without killing ya and making it fun. I love it when someone says "your riding a tube!" and i say "yeah, ain't it cool!". Nothing worse than elitists in my book. My wife can pull a tube like nobody else, go figure as she doesn't drive any other time :p

1st pic: Me (blue) and my brother-in-law getting whipped on the Costco tube. Just so happened there was a grass fire not to far away that day so it was real hazy.

2nd pic: Me getting ready to roll the Airhead disc, love launching and rolling this thing, unfortuneatly i crash more than roll :p

kaneboats
03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
I used to have a HUGE tube that would hold all the kids (pic below). I could get my second daughter 3-4 feet in the air but could not dump her. One day she waited till I slowed down and she just jumped out (like saying: OK, you win). It was hilarious.

moombadaze
03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Think your going to need a bigger tube for sinclair :D

kaneboats
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM
We ripped the floor out of that one on Ed's lake 2 years ago. I still have the cover somewhere but no tube to go in it.

Sled491
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Ski #1
Surf #2
Tube #3

My kids are 6, 8, and 10, they all surf, great low pressure activity and for the kids minimal wake needed. Heck my 6 yr old can surf with no ballast in our Outback :)