PDA

View Full Version : Irritrol 700 3/4" valves and manifold

you da man
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Okay, the valves and manifold came in today so I took a couple photos just to show everyone. My boat is at the dealership getting the '08 GG3 system installed with the Orbit valves and factory manifold (this system was negociated in with the boat). My plan is to get the boat on the water, remove the fitting from the sac and fill a 5 gal bucket and time it with just the one Orbit valve. Then I will turn on all 3 Orbit valves and do the same test to see the difference. A week or two later I will install this new manifold with the 3 Irritrol valves and perform the same test. I will send Jesse the numbers so he can compile them into the ballast chart he has created for us.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSCF0727.jpg

Sorry about the cat
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSCF0729.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSCF0733.jpg

mmandley
03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Those look sweet. Are these the ones with a gate that drops down to stop water? So when its open its a free flow threw.

This is versus the type that have a wall inside the water must travel over and the valve closes to the wall?

you da man
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Those look sweet. Are these the ones with a gate that drops down to stop water? So when its open its a free flow threw.

This is versus the type that have a wall inside the water must travel over and the valve closes to the wall?

Exactly, these are the "ultra flow" straight through vs. the "up and over". If all checks out, should increase fill times per Jesse's bench testing. I'm going to do my testing on the water. I ordered a few extra adaptors and one extra elbow fitting and total was $93 including shipping.

mmandley
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
PM sent brother

you da man
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
PM sent brother

PM'd back with links to the parts.

mmandley
03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks man im seriously thinking of getting this soon. Do you think it would flow any better with a pump on each end pushing more water into it?

you da man
03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks man im seriously thinking of getting this soon. Do you think it would flow any better with a pump on each end pushing more water into it?

I'm sure a Tsunami pump on each would be great, especially if each had it's own intake

mmandley
03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Yea its own intake, hum, well i dont know about drilling more holes in my boat then i already have LOL.

I saw some guys on here building T junctions that had a pump on each side with the single inlet. Wonder if thats really flowing better or not.

Its not that i have a problem drilling holes in my boat, its that im not fond of the stress involved in doing it LOL.

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I just added a tee and a second Rule pump. I couldn't find the manifold I wanted that would fit next to the water strainer so I built my own. I put the second water inlet where some guys put the third valve. I left the third valve out on the end. Here's the pix. Not all installed yet but I'll be sure to measure fill times when I get done.

JesseC
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
I ran those valves for two seasons without any issues. I am looking forward to see if they are more efficient than your stock valves. Here is the diagram from their website on how they work.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/valvedesign.jpg

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Jesse, thanks for the heads up on building my own manifold. You're an inspiration to the do-it-yourselfer.

JesseC
03-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Jesse, thanks for the heads up on building my own manifold. You're an inspiration to the do-it-yourselfer.

Thanks!!! I completed my ballast install last night and just need to gather all of the pictures together. While working on the boat, I noticed my steering cable has locked up again and I pulled the floor and cable and sent it back to Teleflex who says they are going to warranty it!!!!

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
That's great. I've always thought they were a decent outfit.

jasonwm
03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm very interested in seeing the results of those Irritrol valves, if they're a direct replacement for the factory units that is a great and relatively easy upgrade that will improve fill times significantly.

Nice to have options beyond replacing everything the factory supplied.

you da man
03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm mainly wanting faster fill times for just one of the 750lb sac at a time. Once I fill the center sac at the beginning of the day all I'll be doing is switching from one side to the other for surfing. When it comes to wakeboarding, even with no ballast just using the plate is big but I could see filling both bags some for even more.

JesseC
03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
I would really like to get some comparison times ASAP on the Irritrol valves with a boat in the water. If someone is already on the water and wants to test one, I have an extra and would send it to them, only catch is you have to give us the timings!!! You all must remember that in my 2002 the valves were way worse than yours and the Irritrols were a huge improvement for me. I am not sure how they will stack up againts the newer Orbit valves. I have never used one of those and the time difference may not be worth the upgrade.

you da man
03-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I would really like to get some comparison times ASAP on the Irritrol valves with a boat in the water. If someone is already on the water and wants to test one, I have an extra and would send it to them, only catch is you have to give us the timings!!! You all must remember that in my 2002 the valves were way worse than yours and the Irritrols were a huge improvement for me. I am not sure how they will stack up againts the newer Orbit valves. I have never used one of those and the time difference may not be worth the upgrade.

I'll be happy with 10-12 min fill time on the 750's

Big Boss
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I'll be happy with 10-12 min fill time on the 750's

I was out last night testing my Fly High 750 fill time, and with the stock pump and 3/4" Orbit valve, it took 12 minutes to fill. I was stationary, and was only filling the one bag.

aaron in austin

you da man
03-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I was out last night testing my Fly High 750 fill time, and with the stock pump and 3/4" Orbit valve, it took 12 minutes to fill. I was stationary, and was only filling the one bag.

aaron in austin

Thanks for the times. I just picked up my boat from South Austin Marine yesterday with the stock GG3 system installed. It will be an easy swap to the Irritrol valves and new manifold for my testing.

csm
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but just curious as to why a new manifold is needed... I have a pre-06 LSV, so I'm not sure what your manifold looks like, but what's the advantage of this manifold over the stock one?

DOCDRS
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
you don't need a new manifold, but most of these are custom manifolds that have larger diameters to handle increase waterflows from the larger pump(s). If your fill lines are 3/4" and your supply line is 3/4 Manifold, vs a 1" or 1 1/8 or 1 1/4" manifold supply your fill times for multiple bag fill will be significantly increased. its just basic fluid flow dymanics...supply and demand but saying that the flow rate thru the newer valves is higher than the stock sprinler valves.......you should look at Jesse's fill time chart

csm
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Ah, I wasn't factoring in the bigger diameter of a new pump. I will definitely be getting the Irritrols after seeing Jesse's time chart. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something if I'm not planning on upgrading my pump also.

Thanks for the info.

you da man
03-24-2010, 09:13 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but just curious as to why a new manifold is needed... I have a pre-06 LSV, so I'm not sure what your manifold looks like, but what's the advantage of this manifold over the stock one?

My boat was at the dealer getting the GGIII system installed so I didn't have a chance to look at the manifold ahead of time. Thinking that it may be a 3/4" manifold I ordered a 1" manifold (less than $10).

JesseC
03-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Has anyone tried the Irritrols in a newer model boat? I would really like to see the timings before everyone swaps to these. I know they performed better than my stock valves from 2002, but I am still not sure about the newer models.

you da man
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Has anyone tried the Irritrols in a newer model boat? I would really like to see the timings before everyone swaps to these. I know they performed better than my stock valves from 2002, but I am still not sure about the newer models.

Jesse, when I picked up my boat from the dealer last Friday I noticed the stock manifold was 1" (I didn't install the 1" poly manifold I bought) so I just swapped out one of the Orbit valves that fills one of the 750lb sacs for an Irritrol 3/4" valve. Problem is the next couple days the weather was not great so I didn't get down to the water to test. Then on Monday I took my boat to Earmark to have the stereo system installed. It won't be until next week sometime before I can do an "on water" test. I'm just going to time it filling the 750 sac until water comes out the vent/overflow.

deafgoose
09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Jesse, when I picked up my boat from the dealer last Friday I noticed the stock manifold was 1" (I didn't install the 1" poly manifold I bought) so I just swapped out one of the Orbit valves that fills one of the 750lb sacs for an Irritrol 3/4" valve. Problem is the next couple days the weather was not great so I didn't get down to the water to test. Then on Monday I took my boat to Earmark to have the stereo system installed. It won't be until next week sometime before I can do an "on water" test. I'm just going to time it filling the 750 sac until water comes out the vent/overflow.

Ok so the stock manifold is already 1"???

Would replacing the Rule 2000 with a Rule 3800 be doable with the stock intake and manifold?

jmvotto
09-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Ok so the stock manifold is already 1"???

Would replacing the Rule 2000 with a Rule 3800 be doable with the stock intake and manifold?

here's a link.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10337&highlight=rule+2000

deafgoose
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
here's a link.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10337&highlight=rule+2000

Hmm.. Great info but I don't quite understand how to connect the power to a Rule 3800. Why can't I use the same power source as the original and maybe upgrade the fuse?

jmvotto
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Hmm.. Great info but I don't quite understand how to connect the power to a Rule 3800. Why can't I use the same power source as the original and maybe upgrade the fuse?

Not sure i just know the 3800 is 17amps and the 2000 is like 7 amp, you may be able to upgrade the blade fuse for the fill on line:confused:. i am not an expert there. some people just doubled the rule 2000 and seem to piggy back the power without any reported problems..

deafgoose
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I wish I knew what method would fill the bags fastest.

Two Rule 2000's or one Rule 3800.

JesseC
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I had no issues all summer with my new manifold, 1" irritrol valves and Rule 3800. Moving the power to the relays instead of the switches and also moving the power to the starter really helped out with my power issue at the helm. I would definately run this setup again if I had to start over again. Fillling one bag with the 3800 is super impressive and filling all three at the same time was super quick for a valve setup.

jmvotto
09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
I had no issues all summer with my new manifold, 1" irritrol valves and Rule 3800. Moving the power to the relays instead of the switches and also moving the power to the starter really helped out with my power issue at the helm. I would definately run this setup again if I had to start over again. Fillling one bag with the 3800 is super impressive and filling all three at the same time was super quick for a valve setup.

Jessie, thats great help. From what i remember the pre 05 ballast switches did not have a relay in the wiring scheme and with the newer, 06 to 08 they added a relay. i have not had any power issues yet and it seems some like brain have just doubled a rule 2000 pump on the existing relays. Maybe sc fixed it in the latest sprinkler valve ballst setup. the 09 and up are much different