PDA

View Full Version : board racks

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
on my 08 lsv i have 2 oval bars that run horizontal and my factory racks are on the bottom one. has anyone put a set on both bars and if so is it cramped for room by doing this ? i'm afraid if i go up higher on the round tubing of the tower it might get in the way of wake boarding when someone cuts out wide.

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Ed, I think you might be confused on what he meant by "lower" oval bars. The way I'm reading it "lower" means the factory locations as pictured here: http://waterskimag.com/files/2009/12/moomba-mobius-lsv-600x390.jpg
or
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3516/medium/Moomba_Mobius_LSV.JPG

You can see the "upper" oval bars in these pics too. I've seen plenty of boats run racks up there too. I think you'd have to cut out in front of the boat before you'd interfere with any boards up there. They'd be a little harder to get to though, especially if the lower racks were full.

byronkoz
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Actually he may be talking about the lower bar on the towers that come on the Outback V's like mine? I really need another set of racks and am thinking about puting them there. Would just have to check clearance on the trailor like Ed is refering to.

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Yep, that makes sense on an Outback. He said he has an 08 LSV.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Ed, I think you might be confused on what he meant by "lower" oval bars. The way I'm reading it "lower" means the factory locations as pictured here: http://waterskimag.com/files/2009/12/moomba-mobius-lsv-600x390.jpg
or
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3516/medium/Moomba_Mobius_LSV.JPG

You can see the "upper" oval bars in these pics too. I've seen plenty of boats run racks up there too. I think you'd have to cut out in front of the boat before you'd interfere with any boards up there. They'd be a little harder to get to though, especially if the lower racks were full.

brain your exactly right the factory had mine on the lower one where the moomba is inscribed into the oval bar then i have one above it. i need a ski rack on one side and another rack for addition wakeboards or maybe a surf board.
i know what ya mean ed i remember reading the post where a few people clipped the trailer guide poles but mine isn't even close on the lsv bottom bar. just afraid if i go the on the upper bar like he said if the bottom rack is full it will be a pain in the a$$ to get to the top ones.
i'm open to any suggestions for what ski rack and or wakesurf rack and where would you put it. sorry for the confusion there

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 06:58 PM
An easy test would be to put both factory sets on the same side and see how you like it. If you put your less frequently used stuff up top I think it would be fine. Of course the best solution IMO would be a Z5, but you gotta really want it! :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
An easy test would be to put both factory sets on the same side and see how you like it. If you put your less frequently used stuff up top I think it would be fine. Of course the best solution IMO would be a Z5, but you gotta really want it! :)

yeah that is an idea brain. i remember seeing some pics of the dbot5 board racks up higher on the boat so i might just go that route.

i dont' want one. i enjoy the sun myself and i really enjoy my girl and others on the boat soaking up the sun in their bikinis! the price isn't much of an issue but i think i used my factory bimini once last year thats because my fair complected cousin was on the boat and wanted to protect her a little from the sun.

moombadaze
03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
one of our members here had 4 racks total on his lsv-only issue i remember him commenting on was that wake board boots would not let you carry 4 wake boards, but you could do 6 wakeboards.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-16-2010, 10:55 AM
one of our members here had 4 racks total on his lsv-only issue i remember him commenting on was that wake board boots would not let you carry 4 wake boards, but you could do 6 wakeboards.

all 4 racks on the oval bars or were the other two at the top on the round tubing?

jmvotto
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
I think it was cab, all on the oval tubing.
I moved mine on the OBV 07 but had a tough time with the lift width, so i moved them to the upper bars again. Probably only get 6 wakebaords at the most or 4 boards and two surfs.

moombadaze
03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
all 4 racks on the oval bars or were the other two at the top on the round tubing?

I think it was cab, all on the oval tubing.
I moved mine on the OBV 07 but had a tough time with the lift width, so i moved them to the upper bars again. Probably only get 6 wakebaords at the most or 4 boards and two surfs.

All 4 racks on each side top and bottom oval bars. link to a gravitygames xlv with racks to hold 16 boards--crazy looking
https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=84&pictureid=616

It was Cab-thanks, just could not think of the name.

jmvotto
03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
here is cabs thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6415&highlight=racks

truetexan84
03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
i want to see how that looks with a board in every rack. thats just crazy

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I like how they look on the second link, the one posted by jmvotto. It looks clean.

I added Monster racks above my stock racks. However, I don't have the second crossbar like shown in the picture. Mine are mounted on the tower tube, not any crossbars. It works well because the boards sit more perpendicular to the water than parallel, like the stock. It makes it easier just to grab the end of the board and flip it back towards yourself opposed to pulling it over the boards on the stock rack. Makes more of an "L" shape on the tower vs 4 boards stacked on one another.

I picked up a surf rack and a wakeboard rack. They do sell ski racks as well.

hey kg you got a pic of that. i'm not sure i'd like the way that would look with the other boards being parallel and the new racks not. i was thinking about payin a little extra for ones that mount 360 degrees that way i can keep everything even.

kaneboats
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
You can just open the "Paint" program that everybody has and then pick "Image" off the menu at the top and then "Stretch/Skew" and then choose 40%, 40% and it will shrink it right down while keeping proportion. It's a real fast way to change sizes. Save it and put it up.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
hey kg thanks for the pics gave me some ideas. i don't mind the look of your set up at all i think it looks good.
i did some checking and if i put another set of racks on the oval i'd be wasting the bottom slot cause the bindings would hit so i will go up top with mine as well.
when you said you can mount em anywhere does yours rotate so if u put it on an angle bar you can level it with the boat?
do you remember a price for those?

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
ok thanks kg.
so you can adjust the forks closer or a little wider if u want thats what you meant right?
i think i might get the surf rack and wake board rack as well from them