PDA

View Full Version : Factory GGIII manifold question

you da man
03-14-2010, 10:51 PM
My boat is getting the 08 GGIII system installed as we speak. I'm definately going to replace the factory manifold and valves but what is the inside diameter of the factory manifold? Is it 1" or 3/4"?

mmandley
03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
The 08 system is 3/4 starting in 09 it went to a 1inch system

VA LSV
03-15-2010, 06:04 AM
08 valves are 3/4. Don't know the manifold ID but it appears larger than 3/4.

newty
03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
The manifold is 1". The pump is 1" out to the manifold then drops to 3/4" at the solenoids. On the 08 and older.
Which system are you getting, new or old?

you da man
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
The manifold is 1". The pump is 1" out to the manifold then drops to 3/4" at the solenoids. On the 08 and older.
Which system are you getting, new or old?

Got the dealer to throw in the "old" GGIII system with the deal (they didn't want to cough up the 3 Jabsco pumps). Since the 08 Rule pump is 1" out, I figured the manifold was 1" with 3/4" valves. I'm going to try the simplest upgrade, in my opinion. Found a sprinkler supplier with 1" poly manifold that has 3 3/4" valve outlets with male connectors. Then going with the 3 Irritrol 700 3/4" valves and since they are female connectors there will be no need for adaptors (trying to go with the least amount of adaptors/connections). I can also use the factory solenoids. Should be a quick and simple upgrade (hopefully) based on Jesse's fill chart. Total cost of parts/valves was $93. If I can get fill times of 11-12 min on the 750lb sac I'll be satisfied...I think. I also think that once the center sac is filled at the beginning of the day the pump will be dedicated to just filling one 750 sac at a time. It's not like I'm going to be filling all 3 sacs at once, maybe once or twice a day for wakeboarding.

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 10:39 AM
If you can't source everything locally I've had good luck with www.sprinklerwarehouse.com (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com)
They have manifold pieces that you could use to extend your factory manifold, and valves are cheap!

you da man
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
If you can't source everything locally I've had good luck with www.sprinklerwarehouse.com (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com)
They have manifold pieces that you could use to extend your factory manifold, and valves are cheap!

Thanks Brian, that's who I ordered from. They have all kinds of adaptors and valves. Plus they had a few different 3 valve manifolds pre-made.

JesseC
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Got the dealer to throw in the "old" GGIII system with the deal (they didn't want to cough up the 3 Jabsco pumps). Since the 08 Rule pump is 1" out, I figured the manifold was 1" with 3/4" valves. I'm going to try the simplest upgrade, in my opinion. Found a sprinkler supplier with 1" poly manifold that has 3 3/4" valve outlets with male connectors. Then going with the 3 Irritrol 700 3/4" valves and since they are female connectors there will be no need for adaptors (trying to go with the least amount of adaptors/connections). I can also use the factory solenoids. Should be a quick and simple upgrade (hopefully) based on Jesse's fill chart. Total cost of parts/valves was $93. If I can get fill times of 11-12 min on the 750lb sac I'll be satisfied...I think. I also think that once the center sac is filled at the beginning of the day the pump will be dedicated to just filling one 750 sac at a time. It's not like I'm going to be filling all 3 sacs at once, maybe once or twice a day for wakeboarding.

Before you change to the Irritrols could you take a timing of the stock system they are installing. You would be the first to upgrade the newer boat to these vavles. I wouldl like to get another base line on the last of the factory manifold setups and the timings of the new valves could help others. Good luck with the valves!!!

you da man
03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Before you change to the Irritrols could you take a timing of the stock system they are installing. You would be the first to upgrade the newer boat to these vavles. I wouldl like to get another base line on the last of the factory manifold setups and the timings of the new valves could help others. Good luck with the valves!!!

Sent you a PM. I'll test the factory GG3 with one Orbit valve filling a single 750, then I'll try to accurately time the fill for both 750's and the 1,100 center sac. A week or two later I'll do the single Irritrol with a single 750, then all 3 Irritrol with both 750's and the 1,100 center. I plan on doing this test in the lake in actual conditions. Hmmmm, just a thought, I'm keeping the factory scupper as well and "should" be able to fill on the go up to about 25mph-ish. Do you think I should see if filling on the go will speed up fill rates with the added pressure?

kaneboats
03-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I picked up a manifold extender at Lowes tonight. I can tell you for a fact that 1" doesn't work on the '08. There's a 1" hose going in but all the parts are 3/4". It's going back.

jmvotto
03-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Kane, I got an email from Brandy at Orbit with all the mainfold extenders and adapters, part #'s , but i can't seem to attach it. they will send direct. Pm me your e-mail and i will forward it to you.

anyone knwo if G1 is coneectect into a single manifold or just plumbed directly into the valve.??

jasonwm
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Would you mind sending me that info, I would be curious to see what they have to offer? My address is jason@wakemakers.

The G1 system is the same was the GIII, but with a single valve body manifold instead of a three valve version.

jmvotto
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for th info. so i have an additional manifold in my boat in storage, cool
i will send it along