PDA

View Full Version : yet another ballast issue?

Hillbilly
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
So my front bag isn't filling or emptying, I checked the fuses and all are good. The lights come on at the switch and I can hear it kick the solenoid at the manifold.

And now my rear bags keep filling after I turn them off and overflow to the front bag ? I;m kinda lost in trying to figure this one out ?
I even hooked up another pump to the front switch that I know works because I tested it before hand....Any suggestions ? Thanks JH

newty
03-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Sounds like you have something going on with you solenoid. Take it out and pull the six screws and make sure there isn't any debris it a plug. Blow through the hose to the bag as well so you know there isn't any blockage.
That's where I would start.

jasonwm
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Your rear bags are obviously filling correctly, right?

Check that the solenoid control lever is in the correct position on each valve, as they have a tendency to move during the off season.

Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah I will go check the little black levers. They all worked on X-mas eve and New years day. Now back ones work but the front pumps to fill and empty wont even turn on? And I checked fuses and everything. Maybe a loose wire somewhere between the dash and the pumps? I mean 1 not working is ok but both not working seems a little wierd.

moombadaze
03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Are the rear bags draining into the front bag?

jasonwm
03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah I will go check the little black levers. They all worked on X-mas eve and New years day. Now back ones work but the front pumps to fill and empty wont even turn on? And I checked fuses and everything. Maybe a loose wire somewhere between the dash and the pumps? I mean 1 not working is ok but both not working seems a little wierd.
Your system uses one pump to fill all of the bags, so if the rear bags are filling then your fill pump is functioning just fine.

It sounds to me like the wires on the back of the switch for the center bag are disconnected, which would explain why it won't fill or drain, but your fill pump works fine with the switches for the rear bags.

Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah rear bags are filling center bag a little bit.
And it might be a solenoid problem then ?
Because rear switches work fine for both fill and empty.
Center bag doesn't do anything fill or empty.

tazz3069
03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
It could either be debris in the manifold or the solenoid is bad. Put your hand on that solenoid, for the center bag, and have someone flip the switch. See if you can feel a pop or a click on the solenoid. If you do, then pull the valve apart to see if there is crap in there. Let us know what you find.

Tazz

Hillbilly
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
When I was messing with it last weekend I could hear a click and undid the solenoid and when I pushed the switch it popped out. So I guess the solenoid is working.

Maybe tomorrow I will tear apart the vavle and see what I find .