PDA

View Full Version : installing db651

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
ok i tore out the old kicker speakers and found a blue and gray wire that goes into the speaker i was gonna cut it back a few inches so if i sell them or reuse them i can use a butt connector but my question is for the new db's does anyone remember how their set up was...what color goes to pos and which one to neg. i was just gonna put on a female spade connector and slip it on. its a bitch to trace it back to the amps or head unit so thought i'd ask first. thanks guys

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM
i guess i have it in the wrong section and i was too lazy to read you have the same issue i just checked my boat and its a little different. i dont' have a red and black terminal inside the black box they are both black. the blue wire is on a larger spade terminal then the clear wire is. i intention was to leave the black box in tact and somewhere like 6 inches back from the factory kicker speakers cut the wires and put new terminals on but does the blue wire go to pos or neg?

mmandley
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
The easiest way to tell is go to the amp. On the factory harness it has Tags that say what speaker it is. Connect the speaker. Then take a 9v battery and you can touch it to the wires for that channel at the amp and the speaker pull push out when you have the correct positive wire.

Or another way is use a ohm meter.

Put 1 terminal at the wire by the speaker. The other at the wire at the amp and it will ohm out when you have the correct one. If you have the wrong one it will give you the infinite signal.

Or wait till tomorrow and i can look and tell you whats running in mine LOL. I want to say they used gold as the positive but im not positive. Its a 50 50 shot LOL

VA LSV
03-15-2010, 06:12 AM
db651's have 2 different sized spade lugs so why not use the factory wiring.

mmandley
03-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Thats how i did mine, i just put the new spades on the factory loom and pluged them in.

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 12:28 PM
On my boat blue is positive and silver is negative. I left the terminal "coffin" intact and snipped a foot off the Kicker's wiring, then soldered it to the Polks.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM

in order to do what your saying i 'd have to take the coffin as they call it apart and it doesn't leave me enough wire. so i'm gonna cut it somewhere in the middle of the coffin and the kicker speakers put new spade connectors on it.

thanks brain i was thinking that was the case... blue to positive

Sled491
03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Funny, my 07 just pulled the stock Kenwoods out and popped in the DB's no cutting no nothing. Maybe that's why I'm an amatuer :D

jmvotto
03-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Ditto on my 07 as well.....amatuers rule:D

Sled491
03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Amen Brother J

mmandley
03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Double checked mine and the factory wiring is Gold and Silver.

Gold +
Silver -