PDA

View Full Version : The Stripe Game- Let's All Play

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
I am going to be gone tomorrow to pick up the new LSV. Here's something to do while I'm gone.

We have only a couple photos that had been online. In person the boat looks better and may not need anything, but based on the washed out photo we saw online we thought it might need some color or something. So, through the magic of photoshop we added different color stripes. Vote for your favorite and the winning color might just end up on the boat. Comments are strongly encouraged, especially if there is a color you really don't like. (You have to go to the next post down to see the last couple of colors.)

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Here are the other choices:

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
That was the first choice. Don't forget to vote.

ian ashton
03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I think the lime green looks sweet!

But I am also very partial to naked, with no stickers at all!

wolfeman131
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
really? there's a debate on this? it's gotta be blue, doesn't it?

you have to pay homage to the ole' Outback in some manner.

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh yea, sorry. We were talking about just the stripe. I should have called it "factory", I guess.

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Gonna be after 3 as I only took a half-day.

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
really? there's a debate on this? it's gotta be blue, doesn't it?

you have to pay homage to the ole' Outback in some manner.

Gonna have to be with navy trunks -- the blue isn't doing so hot in the poll.

maxpower220
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Can't you make it a rainbow stripe of many colors?

New Guy
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I like the lime green or nothing at all.

newty
03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
:p I like it really naked :p

Mrs. Kane
03-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't like 'lime' at all.

deerfield
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I vote no stripe. But, if stripe it is, then go with black.

brain_rinse
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I vote no stripe. But, if stripe it is, then go with black.
x2

I bet you'll like the color scheme a lot better in person.

mmandley
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
My Vote is go all naked.

If you really want to throw a color for some flare, and some memories i like the idea of the royal blue strip.

I would go the whole upper section from the rub rail down to the main curve in the body line, then wrap it around the back. That will give it a factory 3 color look.

I would still go with Naked though, maybe leave the LSV there. I'm partial to the LSV sticker.

JesseC
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I really like the Navy stripe, just adds a good color contrast.

ian ashton
03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
:p I like it really naked :p

x239847298374!!!

2007 Outback V
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM
My Vote is go all naked.

If you really want to throw a color for some flare, and some memories i like the idea of the royal blue strip.

I would go the whole upper section from the rub rail down to the main curve in the body line, then wrap it around the back. That will give it a factory 3 color look.

I would still go with Naked though, maybe leave the LSV there. I'm partial to the LSV sticker.

I hate to be a copy cat, but I agree 100% with mmandley. Go naked!!! If you really want color, blue contrasts the best IMO. Like mmandley said, the blue color should follow the lines of the boat.

truetexan84
03-10-2010, 10:16 PM
i voted blue. naked would be nice also. its your canvas to do whatever you want with it though.

deerfield
03-10-2010, 10:26 PM
So, through the magic of photoshop we added different color stripes. Vote for your favorite and the winning color might just end up on the boat. Comments are strongly encouraged, especially if there is a color you really don't like.

Mrs. Deerfield really does not like the orange stripe. It is the one color that she would avoid on that boat. Also, she would not leave the boat naked. Her first choice for a stripe color is black. She also liked the red stripe.

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
She's got an eye then b/c I picked the red first, then the black.

kaneboats
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
The game was a lot of fun. I think the poll runs till tomorrow but pretty much everybody has already voted.

The tally was: Leave it alone 17 votes or 33%
Go with the black stripe 13 votes or 25%
Blue stripe got 8 votes or 15%
Orange got 5 votes or almost 10%
Lime had 3 and red had 2 others 2 or less

Before I ever saw the boat I was convinced it needed color and put the red stripe on with photoshop first b/c I thought it looked good. It is OK, but not great.

Lots of dealers have this color with orange but I hate it.

I don't like black but my daughter convinced me to try it so we did a black stripe. Our whole family was convinced that, if it gets any stripe at all it will be black.

Blue was never seriously considered. I was extremely surprised how many liked the blue. I love blue but dont think it really works with this boat.

After actually getting the boat we are convinced it needs nothing at all. So we are going with the unstriped look for a while. I'm going to add a coupe little 'Roo graphics as a tribute to the old Outback but that's it this year. Thank you all for playing. It was a lot of fun.

mmandley
03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Sounds great Kane. Course you have to remember Pictures never do these boats justice. I know the exact colors you have because Newty and me have them on our boats, and they just look better in person.

The warm tan on my hull realy shines in person but in a photo your eyes always go right to the white.

Same with Newty's the Fossil is great looking but your eyes are drawn to the black hull on his.

wolfeman131
03-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Blue was never seriously considered.

BLASPHEMY! :p