PDA

View Full Version : What to use for a cover while in water (non-trailer)?

Rusten
06-04-2004, 12:25 AM
For those of you who keep your boats in the water/on a lift, what do you use for a cover?

In my neigborhood, I'm not allowed to add a canopy to our lift; therefore, I would like to get a cover for the boat itself. Unfortunately, all of the covers I've found are "trailerable" covers, similar to the one that was included when I purchased my boat.

Trailerable covers aren't an option because of the method they use to stay on the boat (if I try to use the draw-string alone without the straps, it comes off with the wind), yet there are no snaps or other means of attaching a cover that I can tell.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

waterboy
06-04-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm surprised the wind can pull your cover off. I use the cover that came with my 01 Outback, with a bungee cord connecting the two drawstrings in the back. With it snugged down it doesn't seem possible that wind could pull it loose. Of course hurricane season just started here in Florida, so we'll see!

Brian

sextons
06-04-2004, 08:23 AM
You can have a snap cover installed pretty easily, we have our boat on a lift and had one installed over the winter and it works great. It's 10x's faster than messing with the straps on the original storage cover that came with the boat. It fits around the tower a lot better too.
Check with your dealer to see if they do installs or should know of a good canvas shop that could install it. Moomba offers a kit you can order directly from them with the snaps and cover.