PDA

View Full Version : Custom cover

bjames
03-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Just dropped my boat off to get a custom trailering cover made. Should be done in a week. Cant wait:) Below is a redering I did with my crayons.

kaneboats
03-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Looks very cool.

ausbill32
03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Cool, that is going to look nice.

I'm getting a custom one made too. I currently have the button style cover but I'm getting one made that goes completly over the tower and swim platform. It's going to look like a big tent....lol

I found a guy who is going to do it for $1100 total, here in Austin. If anyone else is interested, let me know, and I'll see if he's willing to ship based off the pattern of my LSV. I'm having it made so it goes over the wakeboard racks with some padding, and a pole in the front bow. It'll be a another week or two before it's done. I'll also find out the exact type of material as he said it was better than sunbrella.

tylersWake
03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Do you have any pics of the tower cover? I'm hitting the dealer in Mesa, AZ this weekend to see if they can build one.

BRANDNIRON8971
03-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Tylers, before you head up to Century, I'd talk to the guys down at Kustom Upolstry. They done a couple custom covers for a few of my buddies. They do great work at a reseanable price. Theyr at 29th and Swan.
Is your boat up at the lake now. If so I have mine down here for a few more weeks if it would help ya take it down there and give a rough idea of what your wanting. I have the '09 Outback DD. Let me know if you need me to take it over there.

mmandley
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Good peeps there at that store i used them to fix a few car seats LOL.

If you go there see what they would charge for a Black cover i can use as a towing cover. Tower of course.

Course mine is an LSV so its 21.5 feet but it would be the same as Tylers just i don't want my cover over my tower. I strictly want a cover to tow with that is nice and snug.

BRANDNIRON8971
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Mike, on Monday I'll be taking the boat down to my buddies shop to finish up the wiring for the Blue Sea/amp relocation, I'll run it by there and try and get you a rouogh Estimate. I just got some material down there to make some speaker and rack covers. I'll let ya know. Havent got to that other thing you sent me yet, wanted to see what new has happened on there today:) I'm at work all day and I get home and we're down a member...WTH. Gonna mis all his humor.

mmandley
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Havent got to that other thing you sent me yet, wanted to see what new has happened on there today:) .

What other thing? Im lost :confused:

BRANDNIRON8971
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
That request you sent me

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Good peeps there at that store i used them to fix a few car seats LOL.

If you go there see what they would charge for a Black cover i can use as a towing cover. Tower of course.

Course mine is an LSV so its 21.5 feet but it would be the same as Tylers just i don't want my cover over my tower. I strictly want a cover to tow with that is nice and snug.

hey mike did u check with cory from evolution covers... we did a group with him in the fall. he makes really nice covers and a good guy to talk to and work with!
it is made for towing but has boots to go around the tower

mmandley
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
No i haven't talked with Corey yet but as i recall the price i was looking to see what other prices are out there. I don't absolutely have to have a new cover this year but shopping now anyhow. I don't plan to go more then a couple hours at a time this year to often.

My weekday spot is 30 minutes away and i always run without the cover to that one.

My Sunday spot last year was 1 hour away but looking for a new spot at it always got blown out in the afternoons and had to wait till the evening for smooth water again.

skiyaker
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm planning to travel like mad this summer- so I'm planning to order my evolution cover in the next week or two.

tylersWake
03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info BRANDNIRON8971. I do have my boat in Tucson for the winter so I can swing it by Kustom. One more rain storm this weekend then it should be lake ready weather.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
evolution cover was 769.42 with shipping but that was a group buy rate.it is a really nice cover can't go wrong with it! hey mike he is located in bothell, wa thats up in your corner of the country but not sure how far from you.

mmandley
03-06-2010, 09:30 AM
If its in Washington no part of that state is to fare for me LOL.

I will check it out.

OR state seems to think i didnt pay them enough money this year.

The Local Beaverton Police seem to think i need to make a $242.00 Donation for going 10 over passed a camera cop LOL.

Plus vacation this month good greif. LOL