PDA

View Full Version : rope length

J-Lawv
06-03-2004, 06:01 PM
I have a mobius XLV and I use a 75' rope and clear the wake pretty easily, but if i would move it up about 5 or 10 feet, would the wake get bigger so i could get more air or would it maybe get smaller? I was thinking though if i clear the wake easy enough at 75' would it even be smart to move it up any more? whats your opinion?

TheBeeZ
06-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Most of my friends ride at 65 feet, some at 60. The wake should get a little bigger. You could work on your pop so you can get bigger air rather than distance. Don't worry about everyone else though if you go to a wakeboard tournment every rider rides a different speed and different rope length. They are looking for what is comfortable for them. Have fun!

sextons
06-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree, ride at what lenth works best for you and your boat set-up. The amount of ballast and the speed at which you ride has a lot to do with it. You see some people riding short lengths 50-55ft going 18mph and some pros like Randy Harris riding near 85-90 feet at 28 mph with enough ballast to sink the boat. With the normal factory ballast I'd say most people would ride anywhere between 60-75 ft adn 19-22 mph

J-Lawv
07-01-2004, 05:11 PM
alright, thanks. Last time i went out to the lake i tried it out and i liked riding at 75' foot better, maybe it was because i was used to it, but thats what i liked better.