PDA

View Full Version : Waranty

SoTX
06-03-2004, 08:51 AM
My Outback is 17 days old and I was cleaning it up from a long and fun Memorial weekend. I noticed that the padding against the wall in the bow of the boat is coming loose. Looks like the nuts rattled loose. This repair, is it a waranty item that my dealer should take care of?
Thanks
George

jburnside
06-03-2004, 10:20 AM
SoTX,
Yes the dealer will take care of this issue for you if you have the time to take it in and wait for them to fix it. If it's just the bolts, and you can do the repair yourself then take some digital photos send them to your dealer and let him know what you did. At least then the dealer will be able to log the fix in with your hull number to keep an accurate record on your boat. It's an hour drive one way for me to go to my local dealer, a pain to say the least, so if I can do the repair myself I do. Good luck.

SoTX
06-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey Jeff
Same for me. Austin TX is a one hour drive for me to my dealer as well. I was going to fix the problem myself but I can not even imagine how they are going to be able to get to those bolts. Maybe they have a special tool, who knows.
Thanks
George

Yellowmobius
06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Do you have bow speakers? Take one out and try to get to the bolts.
Other then that I am guessing you will have to crawl up there

SoTX
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
AHH, Yes, speaker hole. Never thought of that. Good one. Now that is what this message board is all about.
Thanks Bro
George