PDA

View Full Version : Mcacn

deerfield
02-28-2010, 12:03 PM
bashton - I noticed a link in one of your posts here on the Moomba forum. I clicked and it took me to Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals ("MCACN"). The 2010 event date is November 20 and 21 here in the Chicago area at the Donald A Stevens Convention Center. This looks like a pretty cool event for "people with a passion for horsepower." This is going on our family calendar. Not much organization information under the About Us tab. What is the history of MCACN? Will this be the first year for the event in Chicago? What is a managing member? Thanks. - Deerfield

ian ashton
02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
MCACN is my dads show. A group of his friends stepped up and invested money to get the show off the ground when my dad lost his job (he was a car show promoter for Autorama / World of Wheels). 2009 was the first year, and by all acounts was a huge success!

Oh yea; I built the website too ;)

bashton
03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Sorry for the loooooong delay in responding to this post!

Let me tell you (bore you) with the condensed version of the story. For close to five years, I was a Show manager for the comapny that produces various indoor hot ord shows, including the Chicago W-o-W and also the Detroit Autorama.

After working my tail off as a Show Manager for shows throughout the US, I was the victim of the economy and found myself unemployed due to the downsizing of the company, a bunch of cancelled shows bla-bla-bla.

I had pitched the concept of a mixed-make show with an emphasis on prime Muscle Cars, especially cars from Nickey, Mr. Norms etc, but they felt there was no market or interest in that.

Since I ran the old Chevy Vettefest for them, I felt strongly that if we applied that basic formula, but opened it up to all domestic makes, we could produce a world-class specialty show.

After my dismissal, a group of Muscle Car collectors, led by long time CVF Title Sponsor Stefano Bimbi, owner of Nickey Chicago, formed an LLC and we launched the new Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals show.

I am happy to say the show, held last November 21-22, was a HUGE success and we are off and running planning the 2010 event, November 20-21, 2010.

Take a look at our website; www.mcacn.com for more information and hopefully, we will see you there.

So...as the saying goes, when one door slams shut, sometimes another swings open. i am one fortunate guy.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

deerfield
03-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Take a look at our website; www.mcacn.com for more information and hopefully, we will see you there.

You bet. Already told my boys about it and have the event on the calendar. The oldest son has a red Z28 and middle son until recently had a black Camaro SS. Youngest son just got his license, so he has cars on the mind. My high school years were prime time for muscle cars. Kid at my church had a blue Roadrunner w/ wood grip floor shifter. I got to admire but never drive it. I was a Plymouth and Dodge guy until I married, had kids, and needed an SUV and started down the Chevy lane. Even Mrs. Deerfield might be up for the show. See you in November!

bashton
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh, and to answer your question, as Managing Member I am a part owner and I run all aspects of the day to day and onsite operations.

A devote the entire year to recruiting cars and vendors and promoting the show nationwide.

For our inaugural 2009 show, we had over 500 cars, 200+ all automotive vendor spots and about 40 collector cars offered for sale.

We have been extremely fortunate to get lots of national magazine coverage, with fetaures in Muscle Car Review, Muscle Car Enthusiast, Corvette Enthusiast, Vette Vues, Chevy & Corvette Trader, Mopar Enthusiast and there are more features coming up in other magazines over the next few months.

For 2010, we have some amazing Invitational displays, including what may be the largest gathering ever of real documented Baldwin-Motion cars, our "Class of 1970" featuring the hottest '70 muscle cars including a 1 of 9 Boss 429, a Buick GS Stage 1 Convertible, a Ram Air IV Trans Am with just 6,300 original miles, several notable Hemi Mopars and more.

We will also again host the "Shelby Snakepit" with a circle of ultra rare Carroll Shelby creations, an all automotive swap meet, automotive authors, a charity auction for Rescue 1 Fire Safety For Kids and much more.

Again...thanks for asking and Thanks to this forum for allowing me this shameless plug!

Oh...and just to show that I don't forget about the water even when I'm working, we had one of the Malibu Corvette boats in the show last year too!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

kaneboats
03-12-2010, 07:54 PM
You might also think about a small ad in Trailerboats or one of the Hot Boater mags. I'll tell you right now I have a brother who doesn't read many car mags but would definitely attend this kind of show. He reads boat mags. Just a thought. Congrats! and best of luck in the new venture.

bashton
03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
You might also think about a small ad in Trailerboats or one of the Hot Boater mags. I'll tell you right now I have a brother who doesn't read many car mags but would definitely attend this kind of show. He reads boat mags. Just a thought. Congrats! and best of luck in the new venture.

Thanks, that is a great idea. I tend to like idea's that are outside of the norm, and i think you have made an excellent point.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

kaneboats
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Ha ha. I thought you were going to think I'm nuts. Well, you might be right, but good ideas usually sound a little nutty the first time.

bashton
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
For anyone interested, we have added an icon on our home page that links to various features we have gotten in Muscle Car and Corvette magazines. www.mcacn.com

I am sure this will better explain what we are all about!

BTW: Ian is my webmaster; I think he does a great job for us!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member