PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire

SoTX
06-02-2004, 08:01 AM
I have a 2004 Outback with a Boat mate Trailer. It did not come with a spare so I bought one last week before the Memorial weekend. But I do not see a place on the trailer to mount it. Any sugestions?
George

TheBeeZ
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
You can get a mounting bracket from your dealer. I got mine just before Memorial day. They matched the trailer paint. It looks great.

SoTX
06-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info.

As far s where I got my tire I called my tire supplier for my fleet of service trucks. GCR is who I use. I gave them the tire size and the lug pattern and a tire with wheel showed up at my shop the next day.

Thanks
George

carsondoc
06-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I bought the tire mount and tire cover from Overtons. I got the wheel/tire at the local tire shop. I mounted it on the front right of the trailer opposite the trailer jack. Works well there. Make sure your new wheel fits before you leave the tire store. I believe the tire was a load class D 225/75R15 with a 5 on 4.5 lug pattern.

Schmitter
06-28-2004, 06:59 PM
My 04 trailer came with a spare tire mount, but no tire. I think the dealer may have ordered it with the spare, But since he wouldn't throw it in, he took the wheel off the trailer. I plan on ordering one from Overtons.