PDA

View Full Version : let it snow let it snow

jmvotto
02-25-2010, 08:08 PM
:rolleyes: Come on summer!!! 12 to 15" of the white stuff over night, all i can think about is our boat:(

ian ashton
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
I know the feeling! Its very hard for me to believe that our marina is (allegedly) opening in 1 month!

cbboarder
02-25-2010, 09:39 PM
JM,

How's Keuka Lake doing? I grew up in Elmira and spent many summer days on "The Lake." Went away to College and never went back.

jester
02-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Just think 11" of snow turns into a lot of water for the lake.

DOCDRS
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I know the feeling! Its very hard for me to believe that our marina is (allegedly) opening in 1 month!

Very hard to believe and i'm just across the boarder from port huron

jmvotto
02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Cbboarder. i've spent most of my summers there for the last 30 plus years, since i was abou 10 or so. we love finally bought a place near Morgan marine and bought a moomba.:D i use to work at the switz during college summers. if your ever up this way look me up . Brad (outback04) moved from the south to canadaigua and we have got together to surf and board.

Maybe we know each other. i grew up in Elmira and run a business there for the last 20 years an my wife. kids,dogs and i live in Horseheads now. small world:D

kaneboats
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I know you guys won't feel sorry for us, but it's about to be March in FL. I just looked at the 10 day forecast and there's not a day over 65 listed. I may have to move farther south.

jmvotto
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Kane, I'll bring the warmth when i come down to the southern west coast of the sunshine state in late April.
Anyone want to bring there gear to the marco river so we can ride?;)

kaneboats
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I'd think that over. I have a friend with a place down there but I've never been there.

04OUTBACK
03-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Joe,
I was doing ok, til the 18" of snow in the last week! BOUGHT A SNOWBLOWER this weekend.>SERIOUSLY!

picked up my gear at my storage place.. put together new board/bindings i bought in fall... starting to think about it!!

Suprahunter
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
According to Al Gore the cold and snow is caused by global warming.
Wait a minute the hot summer is caused by global warming.
Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Al Gore needs Jesus!!! If any person really thinks that mankind has even been on this planet long enough to know what it does or how it changes they need to get a clue. Places on this planet that are now desert were once lush forest. Hell, my home town use to be a lake bottom. The fact of the matter is that the planet is changing all the time. It always has, and it always will. We're just along for the ride! All we can do is hope that we are not in the wrong place at the wrong time. The whole global warming thing is just a way for a group of people to have a job doing something they want to do and have taxes pay for it. People like him really piss me off.

phospher
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Al Gore needs Jesus!!!

huh? i don't get it.

jmvotto
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Joe,
I was doing ok, til the 18" of snow in the last week! BOUGHT A SNOWBLOWER this weekend.>SERIOUSLY!

picked up my gear at my storage place.. put together new board/bindings i bought in fall... starting to think about it!!

Forgot to tell ya snowblowers are not optional up here. I even have a snow plow on my John deere lawn tractor with the snowblower as backup.:p

I hope you took the opportunity to snow board in the deep stuff at bristol.....

The white stuff is very pretty though, only need it dec to mid march after that , come on summer.

cbboarder
03-02-2010, 01:00 PM
2"this morning and schools canceled! Only in GA. Calling for high 60's this weekend.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
huh? i don't get it.

That's just something I say when someone really has issues. It's like saying someone needs help, but being on the level that only Jesus or God could solve the issues they have. I got it from the movie "Bad Boys 2". It's from when they are in the electronics store to play the movie and as they are coming out of that room the black lady tells them that they both need Jesus. Anyways, I thought that part of the movie was funny and now I use that line from time to time. You should try it! Next time somebody does something off the wall and you want to call him ugly names ... just tell him that he needs Jesus! (lol) :p