PDA

View Full Version : WakeMakers?

brain_rinse
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Jason sent me a PM with the coupon code but it says it's invalid... and that he's banned with all posts pruned. What gives? Can someone send me the correct coupon code?
Thanks!

mmandley
02-24-2010, 10:41 PM
My guess is they got banned today when they posted some Ballast bags they wanted to sell out of there store.

Businesses cant advertise there gear here. Only private peeps like me and you can advertise.

Send me a PM and i can give you Spencers number and you can call him direct.

Sled491
02-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I believe they can advertise but they were required to give something to the community for Jamborees. This was Ed's thing, maybe send him a PM and get the scoop.

aaroncat
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm getting ready to pick some gear up from WakeMakers. Any perks for Moomba owners? I might even drive down to pick up from their store if they allow it. They are in the Portland area right?

mmandley
02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorta in the Portland area. They are located at the Oregon City store. I can't say for sure if Moomba peeps get a discount, might be up S**T creek so to speak since they got banned on our site. LOL

Spencer has been very cool

From your location take 5 South out of Portland and then follow it till you see the Hwy 205 exit for Oregon City. Then it another 10 miles and you take exit 10th st when you look over the water on your right you will see there dealership.

Let me know if you come down maybe we can catch a brew and stuff.

RobertJ
02-25-2010, 01:48 AM
To the best of my knowledge WakeMakers is not at the AWS Oregon City store. Spencer works at AWS Oregon City but WakeMakers is a different business. Of course I might be wrong but I thought this is what Spencer posted the other day but I can't find any of his posts. Anyway, I sure Spencer will hook you up either through AWS, Activewake or WakeMakers.

mmandley
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Mmandley- headed south to oregon city tomorrow to get my boat to active - de-winterize scheduled @ 10:00 - let me know if you've got some time - I'll be hitting up costco but will likely have some time ???

No ill be working all day Thursday, Friday Saturday. Those are my normal working days. Hate that i wont meet ya when you drop in town.

RobertJ.. You are correct as best i know. I might have explained it wrong, There warehouse of gear is at there Lake Oswego location but the impression i got from Spencer was his office is at AWS and he works there, when he sells runs low on stock or sells items he gets them sent over from Lake Oswego location.

Spencer as i understand does work for Wake Makers, and he works out of an office in AWS and im sure they rent that space or something. Not positive on those details.

As for AWS peeps i know they read this site quite a bit but you wont see to many posting from them.

I know they read it especially Brad and Matt because several times ive visited or called and they talked about threads lol. Ive even got grumbled at for saying things i wasn't supposed too =0

sandm
02-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I believe they can advertise but they were required to give something to the community for Jamborees. This was Ed's thing, maybe send him a PM and get the scoop.

hope that's not the case. seems like a conflict of interest..

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Jason sent me a PM with the coupon code but it says it's invalid... and that he's banned with all posts pruned. What gives? Can someone send me the correct coupon code?
Thanks!

can anyone get a coupon code for some ballast bags thru them or was it just something for you?

i was gonna make my purchase this week sometime i think so if someone is offering a % off i'll go thru them

sandm
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
^^thanks for the clarification. didn't think so, and now it's in print :)

jasonwm
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I wanted to take a second to apologize for Spencer's post the other day. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it, but we enjoy being members of this site for the exchange of information, and want to contribute value to the conversations that take place.

Just to clarify, AWS and WakeMAKERS have a mutually symbiotic relationship, and we're all good friends with each other, but that is the extend of our business arrangements. We have our own warehouse, maintain our own product, and service our own customers. Obviously there is some crossover and exchange of information (the wake industry is pretty small), but otherwise we're two separate companies.

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to contact me by PM, email or phone.

Again, sorry for violating the policies of the site, that certainly was not our intention.

Thanks,

Jason

spencerwm
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Wow sorry for the fire storm guys.

I am working at Active Water Sports in the ecommerce department. Wakemakers is a separate business all together which I have become less and less a part of because of my work schedule.

I found a couple ballast bags at Active Water Sports that they have no use for. I was going to offer them up to moomba forum members before I PERSONALLY put them on Ebay. I was not selling them as a rep for Active Water Sports or Wakemakers. I understand the policy and if anyone ever feels that I crossed a line just shoot me an email.

Anyway hope I can be forgiven and i wont post anything in the onsale section anymore. I will just put it on ebay.

kaneboats
02-25-2010, 04:58 PM
You are forgiven and absolved. We all appreciate the input from you guys but we do have rules. Glad to have you back on board.

wolfeman131
02-25-2010, 05:22 PM
You are forgiven and absolved. We all appreciate the input from you guys but we do have rules. Glad to have you back on board.

your punishment shall be FREE BAGS FOR EVERYONE!!! :p

jasonwm
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks!

Sorry about that! I'm not sure how, but the configuration got messed up. I just tested it and it's working correctly now.

BTW, I would rather not post the coupon publicly so as to not violate the terms of the site with regards to advertising, but I have no problem with people sharing the coupon code, so if another Moomba owner wants to post it for everyone to use that's just fine.

Ed, is that alright with you?

aaroncat
02-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Or I could just do it now :cool:

The code is MOOMBAOWNERS and is good for 10% off. It wasn't working earlier but it does now!

brain_rinse
02-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Yep, coupon is working now... thanks! I just got off the phone with Jason and he answered TONS of questions for me. Looking forward to starting the ballast upgrade!

jasonwm
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks aaroncat, your new custom rear bags will be going out on Monday!

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

aaroncat
02-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeh guys, Jason is a champ. Answered a bunch of noob questions over the phone was very accomodating.

kaneboats
03-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Jason hasn't posted on here since 2/28. I sent a PM yesterday and haven't received a response. I'd just order through the site but I want to make sure I get all the valves I need too. Is it time to give up?

brain_rinse
03-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I've had the best luck thru email [email protected]

kaneboats
03-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks! In theory, sending a PM shows up in his e-mail.

mmandley
03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I dont get email notices when i get PMs here? Is it a setting?

kaneboats
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes, there's a setting for it. Works every time for me.

Sled491
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I always get the notice, even when I don't want it :)

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Heard from Jason a little while ago. Should be all good.