PDA

View Full Version : Walk thru windshield

squeeg333
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I was curious if any of you have had any problems with the walk thru part of the windshield. I'm not sure if it was something the previous owners did to it, or what, but the pins in the hinges are quite loose, and the walk thru actually "falls" down a bit, out of line with the rest of the upper oprtion of the windshield. I can pull it back up, and push the pins back in, but over time and vibration, it just goes back.

I'm trying to figure out how to repair/replace these hinges so that it keeps the window where it's supposed to be. Any ideas?

mmandley
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I recently removed the center window off my windshield, the pins have little rubber O Rings on them to help seal them i expect. You can try replacing these O rings and see if that helps as a start.

kaneboats
02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
That's not a bad idea. The extra grip from new o-rings might keep the pin from sliding down.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I recently removed the center window off my windshield, the pins have little rubber O Rings on them to help seal them i expect. You can try replacing these O rings and see if that helps as a start.

why did you remove the middle section mike?

mmandley
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
why did you remove the middle section mike?

Cant speak on that right now. Next Tuesday i will post what i have done recently that required that task.

:rolleyes::cool:

kaneboats
02-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I smell a tint job or something.

moombadaze
02-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Personally think Mike ordered that cannon and is having it mounted on the bow--windshield had to be removed due to recoil:D

kaneboats
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Well then, he'll need to install a plank off the stern so he can send any unruly dogs to the depths to meet old Davy Jones.

BensonWdby
02-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I would think if you repositioned it, braced the bottom of the pin, and hit the top of the pin a couple of times with a center punch and a hammer it would probably stay put. Just enoguh to expand the top end to keep it from sliding...

kaneboats
02-25-2010, 10:59 PM
That's not bad advice either. Something satisfying about hitting her with a hammer.

cuzican
03-15-2010, 03:37 PM
i just pulled the pin out a little further and added some lock-tite. I'll let you know how it works.

-M

maxpower220
03-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I would think if you repositioned it, braced the bottom of the pin, and hit the top of the pin a couple of times with a center punch and a hammer it would probably stay put. Just enoguh to expand the top end to keep it from sliding...

You could also put a slight bend/curve into the pin, it would create enough friction to keep it in place.

brentsmiley
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I have had the window 'fall' through the stop guard before but only on long trips. (Not sure if that's what you're talking about). Someone posted back to me that it was because I was overloading the sides of the boat (around the engine) and the boat was bowing out. Suggested that I put anything heavy on the floor at the front of the boat to fix the problem. Since I switched to that load pattern, I have not had a problem.

Razzman
03-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I have had the window 'fall' through the stop guard before but only on long trips. (Not sure if that's what you're talking about). Someone posted back to me that it was because I was overloading the sides of the boat (around the engine) and the boat was bowing out. Suggested that I put anything heavy on the floor at the front of the boat to fix the problem. Since I switched to that load pattern, I have not had a problem.

Well that's first, in all my years i've never heard that one before. It would seem to me you'd have to have a serious amount of weight for that to occur since open bow boats have support systems to prevent flex in the first place. What was it 2000 lbs of ballast on one side?

WaterBullDawg1980
03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow. What was the reason for all this weight? I wouldnt even think that was possible. Learn something new everyday.