PDA

View Full Version : Heated seat upgrade

Fman
02-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Just completed my heated seat kit installation on my '08 22V, wanted to share some pics and how I did it.

The kit was purchased from http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html I purchased the H3 model which is waterproof. These kits are very well setup and I like the hi/low switch that comes with it which has a green/red light indicator as well.

I heated the drivers seat bottom/backrest and the passenger seat bottom/backrest. The kit was $200 for both seats, I also paid an upholstry shop $250 to install the heater pads inside the seats. I am not an upholstry guru, so I elected to pay someone to remove the seat skins and reinstall them with the heater pads inside. I did remove the drivers seat and take it down to his shop. I pre-marked all the holes and where the wires needed to exit the seats.

After this is complete, I mounted the switches (see pics) with a 20mm drill bit and completed the install by tapping into the auxillary power outlets. There is one on the driver and passenger side which made the wiring simple. This will allow the seats to be turned on even in the battery switch is off. However, if you turn off the master breaker switch to the boat it will not allow them to be turned on.

For the passenger corner seat, it was nice to have the quick disconnects on them to allow you to easily disconnect the bottom cushion if need be for loading gear or when not using them. I mounted the passenger heater switch in the glove box, out of the way and easy to get to. I chose to mount the drivers side near the throttle handle area.

Its a pretty simple install, heated seats makes a very nice and easy connection setup and even has an in-line fuse which is nice. I have tested them in the garage and yes, they warm up quite nicely! this will be great for the early morning runs, early spring and late fall skiing. Also a great incentive to get your wife out on the water earlier in the season!

One other recommendation would be to order the 20mm drill bit for $10, you wont be able to find one at any hardware store for that price. If you choose to mount your drivers switch where I located mine, be careful when drilling the hole. There are wires behind the panel, you need to put your hand behind the panel and push them out of the way to avoid damaging any of them.

If you have any questions about this install please PM me and I would be happy to help out.

Fman
02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Some more pics....

New Guy
02-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Nice install I'm contemplating doing this as well. We don't get long enough summers in Wisconsin.

Sled491
02-28-2010, 10:45 PM
You just became my wives new best friend :)